Trouble in Paradise

It's Thanksgiving afternoon. Chloe sets things in the kitchen. The parents are already on their way. The bluenette walks back to the living room.

'Max, the veggies are ready, the turkey's in the oven and I guess we're ready with everything, but could you...' she cuts off as she sees the brunette standing in front of the wall covered in photographs 'You alright?'
'I so hate doing this' she picks one photograph.
'I love this photograph. Our last day in Bay' she smiles.
'That's why I hate doing it. Taking off these photos. Like a fucking lie. To pretend I'm someone I'm not. But I want peace' she brushes off her face.
'You're not crying, are you?' she hugs her tight.
'I'm so fucked' she whispers.
'Not yet' she grins.
'Not now, Chloe! You have to play along!'
'Fine, fine. Grumpy... Set the table, and I'm gonna take off the ambiguous pics. Okay?'
'I'm so sorry.'
'It's okay' she kisses the top of her head 'We're gonna rule this shit. Mom and David sleeps in our... fuck it! My room, and your parents can sleep in... yours'
'Thanks for trying hard, Chlo'
'I'm with you' she lets her go 'Go, Max. Stay strong'
'I'll try. And thanks again' she kisses her cheek and walks to the kitchen.

After hiding the pictures the punk sits on the couch. The photographer sits next to her, laying her head on the shoulder. The bluenette gently takes her hand. Max breathes a deep sigh. She snuggles hard. Chloe kisses her forehead. They exchange a look then the brunette wraps her arms around the tattooist neck.

'Don't' the punk softly whispers, closing her eyes.
'I love you.'
'I won't be able to resist kissing you'
'Kiss me then'
'Do you really think it's wise? We may end up making out. And the parents can be here in any minute'
'I want you. Kiss me. I need to pretend I'm not in love with you as long as I can. Let me embrace these final moments.'

Max doesn't have to tell twice. The bluenette kisses her with passion. The brunette's hands gripping Chloe's shirt. They both breathe heavily when their foreheads meet.

'I could hella...' the tattooist is cut off by Max's phone.
'Fuck it' she grumbles as she receives the call 'Yeah, I'm... no, we're...' she sighs 'Okay, we're getting you. On our way' she stands up, hanging up the phone.

The bluenette already has the jackets. She smiles to encourage her girlfriend then they head to the parking lot to get the parents. When they get back to the flat and sit down, Vanessa speaks first.

'It's a nice flat, honey. But can you really afford this?'
Max gives the combination of the "I told you" and "Please help me out" looks to Chloe.
'It's okay, Vanessa. We share everything' the bluenette smiles.
'Is tattooing going that good?' Ryan asks.
'I design clothes and other stuff, too. I get some extra from the designs. Depending on how much we can sell. But I mustn't complain. I can save money now.'
'I'm so proud of you, Chloe' Joyce smiles 'You could feel kinda fulfilled now'
'Something like that'
'And how's school going, Max? Could you fit in?' David asks.
'It's cool. People are okay here'
'You kiddin' me, Max? She's getting popular here! She's with the smartasses and talk about things I can never understand' the blunette looks at her.
'No, I'm not that great.'
'Stop being so humble, Max!'
'Could we... eat? I'm starving' she gently kicks her girlfriend under the table to give a sign that she's getting ambiguous.
'Then help me with that big bird'
'It's okay, I'll get it' David stands up and gets the turkey.
'I have to admit that I'm proud' Joyce nods 'Did you two put this dinner together?'
'N-not me' the brunette scratches her neck 'Chloe's the iron chef here'
'Well, I had the best I could learn from. But you're on the way, Max! We cook together every weekend and she's getting better' she's sipping her wine.
'Well, that would be the better' Vanessa looks at her daughter 'That will make you a good wife. You know you can get men through their stomach.'