Confrontation with Cassian

THE NEXT DAY

- Cassian's POV -

I am dying inside, literally. 

It feels like my heart has been ripped from my chest and stomped on. I really wanted Ariadne to be mine, but evidently, we weren't meant to be. 

But, I refuse to believe that. That's just fucking bullshit because I know that we were meant to be together.

Kole walked into my room looking worried.

"Man, you okay?"

"Do I look okay? I'm a fucking mess! She has freaking killed me, but Kole, I still really like her. I know I shouldn't, but I still do. Am I in love, K?" I asked.

"I don't think so. You're just a mess, that's it. Cheer up, Cass, you've been like this since last night. If you really like her, go after her. Go to her school, but be there as soon as her classes are out," Kole suggested.

"Yeah, yeah I'll go. But until then, I'm going to eat, I'm starving," I said and Kole just laughed and walked out of my room with me.

AT SCHOOL

- Ari's POV -

We (meaning Austin and me) just got to school. I rode in his car today since I didn't feel like driving my car today, so Austin drove us to school. The car ride was quiet but not awkward quiet, just quiet. Anyway, we are now at school.

Austin hopped out of the driver's side door and ran over to my side of the car to open the car door for me.

"Thanks, Austy," I said, trying to piss him off as we walked past his car and then he stopped us.

"Are you trying to piss me off? Because if you are, it's working," he grumbled.

"I'm glad."

"Come on, trust me, you definitely don't want a pissed Austin," he said.

"Why?" I asked intrigued by what he was going to say.

"Because then I don't give good kisses like this."

He didn't hesitate to lean in close and kiss me passionately which resulted in people whistling at us, but we continued kissing nonetheless.

"Hey Austin, who's the chick you're sucking face with?" Alex said as he came up from behind us and slapped my ass.

I broke the kiss, turned around, and slapped Alex's face so hard to the point where you could hear the crack of my hand connecting with his cheek.

" You sick bastard, don't ever touch my ass again!"

Austin, who was beside me with his arm around my waist, was barking with laughter. 

"My god, Alex! Your face is bright red and has Ari's hand print on it," he said still laughing. "Babe, I didn't know that you were feisty too. I like feisty, it's sexy."

"Wait...Ari? Didn't she cause you to go almost insane yesterday?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Austin said lowly looking down blushing. "Alex, we have to get to homeroom, I got to tell you and The Crew something."

When we all arrived at homeroom, we went to sit where Austin and The Crew, as his friend group is known as, would always sit in the morning. I walked hand-in-hand beside Austin as we entered the room and we then sat down in the seats.

"Sit right here, besides me and Alex," Austin said.

"No way, he slapped my ass! And trust me, I'll slap the other side of his face. Plus I'm sitting in your lap," I said with a smirk.