Making Things Right

- Cassian's POV -

I can't believe Ari would do that to me. She took it a tad bit too far. But, then again, I did too by calling her a little skank. But, she exposed my cover. I feel like a complete ass even now, I still really like her.

"Cassian, padrooga, what's wrong? You okay?" Kole asks me as he walks into my room which I've been spending the majority of my time in lately.

"Fucking hell no. I'm not okay. Stupid Ariadne got pissed off at me and exposed my cover! So, to hell, am I alright!"

"Padrooga, you must have done something to cause Ariadne to expose you," Kole said.

Why the hell does he always have to be all fucking responsible and sensible on me?

"I called her a little skank," I mumbled, but somehow he heard me.

"Now, why in the hell did you call her that? What'd she do that you didn't like so much to warrant calling her that?"

"I asked to talk to her where no one could see or hear us, but then she told me that she had a boyfriend," I cringed at the word boyfriend.

"Who's her boyfriend, padrooga?" Kole asked, genuinely curious.

"That other fucker, the one she went on the date with when she was supposed to be on a date with me, Austin," I said getting a bit pissed.

"Oh. Well, how about you come downstairs and eat with us?" He asked, obviously trying to get my mind off of the other subject. But that's my weakness. Food. How I love to eat.

"Okay," I replied, becoming real giddy.

"Let's go," he chuckled, and off we went, walking down the stairs and over towards the kitchen area when the doorbell rang.

"I'll go and get it, K," I said but he just barely looked up at me and nodded in response before going back to fiddling with his phone.

I walked over to the door, not even bothering to look who was here first before I opened the door.

It was Ari.

"Um, hi," she said softly. 

I was just about to shut the door, when she looked up at me. And that's when I noticed that her crystal, ice blue eyes were bloodshot and puffy, and her cheeks were also red and puffy.

Had she been crying?

"A-are you okay?" I asked, a bit concerned for her regardless of my previous anger over her blowing my cover.

" I-I've been better," she sniffled before she then began full out crying. "Actually Cassian, no I-I'm not. I-I'm really n-not."

"What happened, Liybimaya? Want to come inside and talk about it?" I asked to which she nodded.

"Cassian, padrooga, wh- Who's the girl and what happened to her? Wait, Ari? I'll leave you two alone." Barrin said and then hurried off.

"Now, Ari, what happened?" I asked.

"Au-Austin and I broke up," she stammered, crying even harder.

" Why?" I asked. 

Even though I was mad at Ari before and I hated the douchebag who stole my girl, I still want to comfort her when she needs to be comforted.

- Ari's POV -

"Why?" Cassian asked. 

I feel like I should tell him, especially since it was about him.