Bracing for Impact

This is a complete disaster. I don't want any broken hearts to be had by anyone.

Especially if one of those hearts is mine. 

What am I going to do?

NIGHT OF THE DATES

- Austin's POV -

Right now I'm getting ready for my date with Ari. I really hope that I will be able to call Ari mine because I really like her. Hell, I'm pretty sure that I love her, but, the last time I told her that I loved her, she totally flipped out. 

Which reminds me: why would she flip out?

There was a sudden knock at my door knocking me free from my thoughts.

"Come in," I called since the door was unlocked. At my consent, the door opened and in walked none other than Alex with a worried expression on his face. 

"Hey man, what's up?" I asked with a smile on my face that was completely wiped off after his next words.

"Man, I don't think goin out with that girl is such a good thing."

"Why?" I asked immediately, not liking where this conversation was going.

"Do you remember seeing that dude talking to her at her car?" He asked.

"Yeah...but again: why?" I repeated.

"I'm pretty sure the two of them are either going out or dating," he said as he chewed at his lip with a worried look on his face.

"How do you know, huh?! You're wrong, I know you are! And I'm going on that date!" I said absolutely pissed by what my best friend just said to me.

- Cassian's POV -

I'm getting ready for my date with Ari, and damn am I glad that I finally asked her out. I think that my heart is going to come out of my chest, I'm so happy. 

I turned to check that time and saw that it's now 5:00. Oh shit, I only have 30 minutes til my date! So nervous, yet so happy, that's what I am.

Ari said that she was going to drive herself to the restaurant even though I insisted that I drive her, but she declined me. 

My door then opened and I turned to see that it was Kole walking in looking troubled.

"Hey Cassian, can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Yeah, what is it? Oh, and make it I quick I gotta leave in a bit," I said as I gathered my phone, keys, and wallet.

"Okay, well I  want to know if you really want to go out with her and not with me and the boys clubbing?" He asked.

"Yeah mate, I'm positive," I said with a chuckle, unable to believe that he asked me if I'd rather go clubbing instead of going out with Ari. That wasn't even an option, I'm going out with Ari.

"Okay, I just don't want you to get your heart broken over her," he said with a soft sigh.

"I'm not and I gotta go, my date's in," I quickly checked the time on my phone. "Shit, it's in 10 minutes. Bye K!" I yelled running out the door.

I soon got there with a minute to spare which made feel accomplished that I still made it on time.

I entered the restaurant, and got a table. It's now right at 5:30 but Ari isn't here. Where is she? Is she going to show?