Chapter 2:

*The Next Day:*

Zelda's first job was to spread the word about my underground lingerie business. She'd lived in Small Heath all her life, so i knew she knew what kind of people would be interested.

As for the betting side of my business- i was actually doing really well.

Within the 24hours i had been in Small Heath a handful of customers had made their way into Jones's Betting Company to place a wager or a bet. Profit was slowly rising and the business was getting more and more recognition.

Getting out of London and all that gang war-fare seemed to be the best decision i 'd ever made.

*Nobody's Point Of View*

John's eyebrows raised as he did his morning flick through the local newspaper.

'You're not gonna fucking believe this'

Tommy, Arthur, Finn and Michael all turned their attention to where Johnny was sat on the desk.

He held up the newspaper. 'Someone's only gone and set up another bloody betting shop a few streets over'

Arthur chuckled shaking his head while lighting up a cigar. 'Who in their right mind would set up another betting business in Small Heath? Everyone know's we're the only fucking bookmakers round here'

Tommy grabbed the newspaper and analysed the advertisement carefully.

'Jones's Betting Business'

'Jones..' He muttered, more to himself than anyone else.

Tommy turned to the group. 'Who do we know in Birmingham that's got the last name 'Jones'?'

There was number of shrugs and mumbles.

'The only one i can think of is old man Jones, but he owns a shoe shining business. I doubt he'd have an interest in betting and horses' Michael said.

'Is there an address?' John asked, lighting himself a cigarette.

Tommy nodded. '38 edge-hill road'

Arthur slammed his fist down on the desk. 'Well let's go down there and sort this bastard out!'

Tommy held up his hands. 'First things first.' The room fell silent as all attention focused on him. 'I want this to be a quick and easy job. We get in, shut the place down, and get out'

His eyes landed on John and Arthur. 'No pissing about ok? We've had enough to deal with this week, we don't need any more people added to our body count'

The group of Shelby's nodded.

'You and finn stay here and man the shop. If we're not back in half an hour then you can come down and check it out'

The two youngest peaky blinders nodded.

And with that they made their way down to Jones's Betting Business.

*Emilys POV*

'Ere you go' i said handing another happy customer his betting slip.

He tipped his hat my way and smiled. 'Pleasure doing business with you'

I grinned. 'pleasure's all mine sir'

And with that he left. I called to Zelda at the back of shop.

'Ok! Coast is clear!'

She pulled back the silk curtains to reveal two slightly flustered women.

I smiled warmly at them. 'Did the bra's feel ok? Not too tight?'