Chapter 20:

After everyone called it a night as I followed Tommy up to bed.

I sighed rubbing my face, both mentally and physically exhausted.

'Here' Tommy placed his hands on top of mine and moved them away. 'Let me have a look'

He examined my face intently, his eyes taking in every inch and detail. He caressed my cheek and ran his thumb over the purpling skin. I could see his temper rising the more he studied the beatings I'd received.

His eyes blackened beneath the fury he felt while his jawline clenched.

I cupped his cheeks with both hands and shook my head, knowing what he was thinking.

'He's not worth it' I soothed. 'At least not for now'

He seemed to relax under my touch as he moved his hands to my hips, pulling me closer.

'I know. That's why I had to send John to pick you up from the station. I knew if I'd been in that close proximity to him I wouldn't of been able to control myself'

I couldn't help but smile at how much he cared about me. I'd never had anybody care about me like that, not since Dad and Lenny died.

I leant my forehead on his.

'Well you've got more restraint than me. If you hadn't of been there to hold me back Campbell would already be a dead man'

'I have no doubt about it' He chuckled.

I grinned.

'So you're ok with all this? With my not so clean history with the Kings?'

He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

'Look at who you're talking to'

I chuckled as he cupped my cheek and attached his lips to mine. He kissed me with such fire and passion, I was completely absorbed by it. Our mouths were rough on top of eachothers, never parting for more than a milli-second. Soon enough his lips moved down to my neck; my weakness. I ran my hands through his hair, pulling tightly as he sucked harder. A soft moan escaped my mouth once he'd found my sweet spot. I felt him smirk against my skin, proud of his accomplishment.

As things started to get a little heated my mind started to wonder to what George had said earlier today.

I know you've been whoring around with that Thomas Shelby.

I shook my head trying to focus on Tommy again, but the slow creeping fear wouldn't go away.

Hopefully you will have learned your lesson.

I pulled out of the embrace, the sound of George's voice still replaying in mind.

'Hey' Tommy asked upon noticing the absence of my lips on his. 'What happened?'

I shook my head running an exasperated hand through my hair.

I all of a sudden felt very claustrophobic, as if the walls were closing in on me. George's voice echoed everywhere I turned and I could feel my breathing becoming uneven.

Tommy tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear while his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

'Whats wrong?'

'I cant be here' I said trying to regulate my breathing.

I went to exit the bedroom but Tommy placed his hand on the door stopping me.

'I'm not letting you go until you tell me what's wrong'

I sighed exasperatedly, my increasing anxiousness making my cheeks burn up. I felt like I was 12 years old again. A little girl terrified by her older brother, powerless to his relentless taunting.