Chapter 14:

The night continued very much like that: lots of laughter, lots of chatter, and lots of dancing.

However, i was avoiding all of the above and getting absolutely wankered.

It had come to the point where I wasn't even ordering drinks anymore, I was just stealing everybody else's.

I wobbly sat down on Alfie's knee after nicking a glass of champagne from the table next to us.

'Are you ok?' Alfie chuckled holding my waist firmly on his lap.

'Oh I'm more than ok' I giggled, chugging down the champagne.

Alfie grinned watching me intently. 'I gotta say I do like a girl who can handle her drink'

I smirked leaning in close. 'Well then you're gonna love me'

Just as Alfie was about to reply, a commotion erupted from the other side of the pub, our attention immediately turning towards what was happening.

Grace had grabbed Tommy's face and smashed her lips onto his, causing Arthur to applaud and howl like a wolf at his brothers 'victory'.

My body went rigid as the anger, sadness, and alcohol in my system began to swirl like a hurricane in my stomach.

My emotions were getting the better of me.

Once Grace had let go of Tommy's face, his eyes found mine from across the pub, but all I could see was red.

I turned to Alfie and crashed my lips onto his, too drunk to care about the consequences.

It didn't take him long to kiss me back, his hands roaming my body hungrily. He wasn't a bad kisser I'm not gonna lie, but the action was purely physical with no emotion. Nothing more nothing less. Our tongues battled for dominance as I moved from sitting on his lap to straddling him.

'GO ON SON GET IN THERE' I heard John cheer and whistle, causing me to laugh against Alfie's lips.

Just as Alfie's hands were groping my bum, screaming and shouting was heard a couple of tables over.

I pulled away from Alfie to see Tommy beating the shit out of some random customer, resulting in Arthur and John joining in to fight the customer's friends, thus turning the whole thing into a big brawl.

Before I knew it Micheal and Finn were getting involved too;fists, knives, and punches were being thrown everywhere.

It was at this moment that Alfie stood up, lifting me off his lap.

'I'm gonna take this as my cue to leave treacle. I know better than anybody that these Shelby boys love a good rumble, but it's not really my cup of tea'

I nodded, more focused on trying to stay upright than the words coming out of Alfie's mouth.

He leaned down and pecked my cheek, before swiftly making his way out of the rowdy pub.

What had begun as a simple scrap between 2 men had now turned into a full-on brawl between everyone and anyone in the pub.

Chairs were being thrown, tables were being smashed, and alcohol was being splashed everywhere.

I clumsily tried to make my way through the crowd, my vision still fairly blurry from all the wine I had consumed.

Ada saw me struggling and pulled me up onto one of the tables her and Z were standing on.

'They're like fucking animals' She tried to shout over all the chaos.

'Yeh well this is my fucking zoo' Pol said angrily, joining us on the table. She pulled a small silver gun from under her garter belt and shot it into the air, causing everyone to look her way.