More Than Nothing

It only took an hour for all hell to break loose. There wasn't much paparazzi in Nashville, but all that were there were dying just unleash the massive dirty secret that had just come to surface. Reporters and photographers from Los Angeles and New York were coming all the way to Nashville just to join in on the fun.

By the time Carrie had undressed and gathered all of her things after the show, the paparazzi was waiting for them outside the door, making it absolutely impossible for Mike and Charlotte to find their car without it being dangerous. Luckily, Carrie didn't drive herself there and had a driver for the night. Her manager and her publicists' phones were going off the hook and they had to take one call after the other.

"How are we getting home if we can't get to the car?" Charlotte wondered.

"Security is gonna need to help us out somehow," Carrie said. The blonde found her body guard keeping his eye on her in the corner of the room and immediately walked up to him. "I hear it's pretty crazy out there."

"Yeah, I have security gating off an entryway right now in order to get you to the car so we'll be getting you out of here pretty quick. I hope you didn't plan on going out someplace else tonight," he said.

"No, no, I definitely just want to go home," she told him. "I was actually thinking that it would probably be smart if Mike and Charlotte came with me and someone got their car for them. It's gonna be just as bad for them if not worse."

"Yeah, I may need to get some extra men to protect you guys if there's three of you."

"No need. I can handle it and Mike's a big guy. Just make sure you're more protective of Charlotte tonight," Carrie said.

"As sweet as that sounds, you have always been my first priority," he said, knowing the duties of his job clearly.

"My daughter is more important in these situations," Carrie let him know.

After that was said, her body guard got the okay to go from his other guys and everyone started to head out. Before they were about to head out of the dressing room, Carrie grabbed her daughter's arms and looked at her rather seriously, "As soon as you step out of here, stay close to him the whole time. Don't say a word and keep your head down."

"I'm kind of scared," she admitted.

"I'll be right behind you the whole time. Don't worry. Just focus on getting to the car," Carrie told her before, they all headed out.

Most would think that at this point in her career, Carrie would be used to this, the cameras, the people, the reporters. This situation brought on a whole new level of chaos though, and it was more than what Carrie wanted to deal with. People backstage that were normally so nice and kind and welcoming were now lined up outside of her dressing room ready to snap a picture of her with her daughter and Mike. Carrie's body guard was guiding Charlotte out, and they were walking as fast as they could up ahead.

As soon as they stepped outside, all hell broke loose. Everyone was absolutely crazy. Even though security had a pathway gated off for them, people were leaning over the edge, pushing each other to get in front, almost knocking the gate down. The worst moment was when one decided to hop over the gate and his camera knocked down on Carrie's head.

She let out a scream in fright, and immediately Mike grabbed her, wrapping his arm around her, and guided her to the car that was just up ahead, being sure to protect her. As soon as he was able to get her in the car, which Charlotte had already been in for a minute, Carrie let out a sigh of relief, taking deep breaths to calm down all of the anxiety in her.

"Thank you," she spoke up once Mike was in the car.

"Are you okay? That camera came down on you pretty hard," he wondered.