Open Conversations pt. 2

*Sorry for the confusion! I've been having trouble copy and pasting stuff! This was meant to be one whole chapter. Hopefully, everything is fixed. If not, let me know and I will. Thanks guys! Let me know what you think!*

"I can't lie to you," he said looking away ashamed. "I wish I could say the same. And every time I did it, it didn't mean anything. I just did it to do it. I tried to convince myself that I didn't deserve how it was supposed to be. After what I did to you, I don't think I could ever forgive yourself."

"Well, you should," Carrie told him, taking his hand into her's. "It was my fault that night just as much as your's. We were both drunk."

"But I should have been the one to keep control of everything. You were such a light weight and I knew you were super drunk at the tailgate, but I decided to keep drinking anyways. I should have stopped and taken care of you that night."

"Mike, stop blaming yourself for this. It's not healthy, I should know," she stopped him. "It takes two in this situation, and although it wasn't how both of us wanted it to be, something good still came out of it and you have to know that. Look at our daughter. She's amazing, and we did that together. It took me years to come to terms with everything, but now I know that I don't regret that night one bit and you shouldn't either because she's beautiful, Mike. She's smart and nice and has this incredible heart. Our little girl wouldn't be here if it weren't for our mistakes."

He couldn't help in that moment to do anything but take her into his arms, holding onto her for dear life, never wanting to let go, running his fingers through her wavy blonde hair. "I love you so much, and I'm sorry I made you feel so bad earlier. We should have talked about all of this before we did anything."

"It's okay, it's partially my fault," she replied. "I forgot how easy it was to talk to you about these kind of things."

Both of them had many of these conversations when they dated in college and every time, it put Carrie more at ease and she fell in love with him more and more.

"I'm glad it's still easy, and I always want it to be that way," he told her. "I'll go as slow as you need because I need it too."

"I'm not sure how you feel about this, but I want to wait for marriage, if that's what our relationship ends up leading to. I'm not saying we can't do anything, but I want to hold off on sex."

"I'm all in for that. That's how this should have been in the first place."

"And I want to set a good example for Charlotte. Soon she'll be dating and I want her to know exactly how it should be," she said.

"I couldn't agree more," he agreed, unable to not smile. He was mesmerized by his girlfriend's maternal instinct. She had truly come full circle. "We can't go making out everywhere when she's here and we can't go spending the night with each other and I am going to show her and you how a man should treat his woman."

"I love you," Carrie told him for the first time since they had been back together, meeting her lips with his.

"I love you too," he replied, kissing her back. "And for the record, I hope to God Charlotte isn't dating anytime soon."

"You may be a little too late to that one," she let him know, chuckling. "I think she's been texting a boy from school."

"What?! You can't be serious."

"Mike, she's a teenager. It's going to happen whether it's right in front of you or behind your back," she told him. "My dad didn't let me date until I was sixteen but that didn't keep me from getting my first kiss when I was around her age."

"So you think we should just let her go at thirteen and date whoever she wants?" Mike asked, concerned as to what Carrie was insinuating.

"Of course not," she laughed. "But I think it would be good to talk to her about it."

"Please for the love of Christ have that just be a girl talk with just you and her. That would be way too awkward for her and I. My mom usually had those talks with her."

The blonde giggled, "Don't worry. I will before I leave. You won't have to do anything."

"Thank you."

"Charlotte should be done with school sometime soon," she changed the subject. "I'm gonna go freshen up and get started making her a snack."

"Sounds good."