Truthful Lies

The weekend came around and soon enough Charlotte had arrived at Bridgestone Arena with Mark, Ivey and her friend Bayley. They made their way to the box for the game where Ivey let the girls sit in their seats while Ivey and Mark hung out with their other friends in the bar area.

"Your parents are seriously so cool," Bayley said once they sat down, noticing the Preds had just taken the ice for their warmups. "You get to go to all of the Preds games and concerts you want, you get to sit in a box every time, and to top it off your dad is the one playing or your mom is the one performing."

Charlotte giggled at her friend freaking out, "I guess I'm kind of used to it. Going to these games has just been a thing my whole life. Now, my mom on the other hand is still new to me. Sometimes, I still don't get over the fact that she's my favorite country singer ever."

"Where is your mom?"

"She's on tour right now. I won't see her for another month or two," the blonde sighed.

"That has to be hard. I mean, weren't you just starting to get to know her?"

"Yeah, I'm not going to lie, it sucks," Charlotte admitted. "But I talk to her every day. And I'll be going out to see her in a few weeks."

Bayley and Charlotte continued to talk back and forth about life and random things up until the game started. Bayley hardly knew a clue about hockey so Charlotte was teaching her the game most of the first period, which went without score. Near the end of the first period, Bayley started getting texts from their other friends from school.

"Oh hey, Paige and Alissa are here at the game," Bayley told Charlotte. "We should totally meet up with them later."

"Sure," Charlotte hesitated. Paige and Alissa weren't necessarily friends of her's. They were fun to be around and nice at times, but both of them could make just one comment to someone and it would rub that person the wrong way. They could be so mean sometimes.

The Preds were down by one goal at the end of the second period before the two friends made their way up the stairs to the bar area that Ivey had been watching the game with her husband and their friends. "Hey Charles, what's up?"

"Nothing, Bayley and I just have some friends from school that are here at the game and we were going to meet them at the concession stand if that's okay," Charlotte told her godmother.

"Sure! You girls have fun. Stay together, alright?," Ivey smiled as she let them go on their way.

"We will."

They made their way down the elevator to the main floor where tons of people were either waiting in lines to use the restroom or waiting in lines to get food right before the third period. They walked to where their friends said they would meet them, instantly spotting the two near a table, both busy on their cell phones.

"Hey guys," Bailey grabbed their attention as they approached them.

"Hey," Paige looked up from her phone ever so slightly.

"Exciting game, huh?" Charlotte tried to start a conversation.

"I thought it was pretty boring," Alissa rolled her eyes. "We didn't score at all."

"I bet they'll score this last period," Charlotte said.

"Yeah, well we're actually going to ditch and head out to one of the restaurants on broadway to hang out. Want to come with?" Paige invited them.

"I probably can't leave. We're here with my godparents," Charlotte told them.

"It's not like your actual parents will care," Alissa told her. "Come on! Have a little fun."