Kids

"We should probably get dressed," Carrie said, her bare body starting to peel off of Mike's as she set up in bed. Mike's parents had taken Charlotte and some her cousins shopping that morning. Both Carrie and Mike had stayed behind, both wanting to squeeze a workout in, but somehow ended up spending the better part of the morning in bed together burning calories in a different way.

"No," he pouted, bringing her back down to cuddle with him, causing Carrie to let out a giggle. "They won't be back for at least another hour. I just want to lay here and talk."

"What do you want to talk about?" Carrie asked softly, her eyes peering into his.

"Kids."

Catching the blonde completely off guard, her head shot up and her eyebrows raised immediately. "Kids?"

"Yeah," he chuckled at her surprised reaction. He rubbed the skin on her bare side, knowing it would put her more at ease.

"What about them?"

"I'm not sure," he shrugged coyly. "We just haven't ever talk about it before."

"Because we have a kid already," she pointed out quickly.

"Have you ever thought about wanting more?" he wondered.

She sighed and laid back her head back between his shoulder and chest, "I would be lying to you if I said that I haven't. It's complicated though."

"Why's that?" he asked, starting to play with her hair.

"I don't know, it's not like I'm 20 anymore. I'm 35 and not getting younger. Plus, it wasn't easy the last time. I didn't like who I became after and I don't want to become that person again."

"I know," he agreed.

"But I don't want that to be the reason we don't have more," she tried to reason with him, and maybe even herself.

"I know," he repeated.

"What are you thinking?" she asked, needing more than just his short words.

"I'm thinking..." Mike began before trailing off trying to gather his thoughts. "I'm thinking that I want nothing more than to have another little one with you that I get to watch grow up. I know that last time none of this was planned and things didn't go the way we want it, but I trust you and I'm gonna be there more for you than I was before."

She smiled at him, blushing majorly at his sincerity leaning up to kiss him sweetly. "So, when are we doing this?"

He leaned in when she pulled away, kissing her again, "Well, I'm gonna marry you first."

"Mmm," Carrie hummed continuing to casually make out with him. The couple spent a few minutes playing with each other's lips. As Mike grazed his tongue across her teeth, they both heard the garage door opening downstairs causing both of them to quickly pull away.

Mike briskly go out of bed, putting his clothes back on as fast as he could while tossing Carrie her clothes as she covered herself with the sheets. "I really need to shower," she told him.

"I'll go down and cover for you while you do," he told her as he adjusted his shirt he had just thrown on. Before making his way to the door to go greet his family, he walked over to her side of the bed, taking her face into both of his hands and kissed her breathlessly. "I love you."

"I love you, too."