6

Weallshipstuff Here's your double, you're welcome.

***

Trigger Warning: Mention of self harm

Mitch's POV

It's Monday. Usually I hate Mondays, don't get me wrong they're still horrible, but they're better now that Scott is there. I don't get beaten up when he's next to me.

I sit on my couch, thinking about how lucky I am to have met Scott, until I get a text from him.

Scotty💙: I'm outside. Let's goooo
Mitchy💚: Don't talk to me that way

I walk outside to see Scott looking fine as hell, as usual. When I get into the car, I started looking at him, noticing all of his features.

"Mitchy, I know I'm hot as fuck, but we're at school now." I blush, but shoot back a response.

"Don't flatter yourself there, Scotty boy." I say with a wink.

As we walk inside, two people come up to Scott and start talking to him. I guess Scott noticed my confusion and explained.

"Mitch, this is Avi and Kevin. Two of my friends. They're really nice and they love music too."

"Nice to meet you Mitch." Avi says. My eyes go wide when I hear his voice.

"What the hell? How is-- what?" How is his voice so low. We're only juniors.

"I get that a lot." He says, chuckling.

Kevin turns to me and speaks "Hi, Mitch, I'm glad I get to finally meet you. You're all Scott talks about." Scott playfully hits him and blushes.

"Oh yeah, Mitch, there's someone else who wants to see you." Scott says, turning me around.

"What?" When I turn around, I see Kirstie.

"Kit!" I yell, running toward her.

"Queen!" She calls, running to me.

"You're back! How are you back?" I ask

"It's kinda sad but we all saw it coming; my parents are getting divorced and my mom moved back here. So I'm back!"

"Yay! Well, not yay about your parents, I'm sorry for that, but yay you're back!"

I rush her over to Scott and introduce the two. This is so exciting! The only thing that could make it better is if Carter got expelled.. from life.. I mean what? You heard nothing.

We all go to homeroom. I've never noticed Kevin or Avi in my class before. When we walk in, we see Carter standing by my desk. I look to Scott and Kirstie, and they look like they're about to rip his head off. I start walking over to my desk, with the four following me

"Hey, Mitch." What the hell? Why is he acting like he didn't just beat me up a few days ago?

"What do you want, Carter?" I snap.

"Can I talk to you... alone?" He glances at the four people behind me.

"Why? So you can insult me? Beat me up? Blackmail me?"

"No, why would I do that?"

"Oh right cause you're the sweetest person ever, who wouldn't hurt a fly." I hear my friends trying to hold back their laughter.

"Can we just talk?"

"Fine." I say before Carter walks out of the room.

"Watch through the window. If he starts hurting me, I'll give you a signal. Okay?" I quickly say.

"Okay." They all say back.

I go where Carter is and he looks distraught. I almost laugh at his pain, yes that's a bitchy thing to say, but he deserves it.

"Can you keep a secret?" He asks.

I scoff, "Why should I do anything for you?"

"I'll stop being mean to you if you keep your mouth shut." I think about it for a little bit. If he tells me and keeps bullying me, I can blackmail him so he'll stop.

"Fine. What is it?"

"I'm gay."

"You're what?" I yell.

"Will you shut the hell up? No one needs to know."

"Okay what does this have to do with me?"

"I was always jealous about you being able to come out and be accepted. I'm the cool, popular jock. If anyone found out, I'd be known as a loser. I picked on you, so no one found out. The more I did it, the more I realized I like you, Mitch. In more than a friend way. So, will you give me another chance? Will you be my boyfriend? I know you like Scott, but I can treat you better than he can."

"I don't give two shits that you're jealous or that you like me. Do you know what I went through because of you? Because of you, I slipped into depression. Because of you, I was scared to go on a walk alone. Because of you, I stopped eating. Because of you, I was ashamed of my life because was empty! Because of you, I was afraid! Then I cried in the middle of the night for the same damn thing!" My voice keeps getting louder and louder. By this time, the bell has rung for the start of first period but I don't care. It seems my friends don't either. I see them watching and listening to everything.

My voice suddenly got quieter. "The wounds will heal, the memories will fade, and maybe some day I'll forgive you for that. But I'll never forgive you for making me feel like a fat, worthless, ugly, trashy, fag. I'll never forgive you for making me hate the fact that I'm gay. I'll never forgive you for making me cut, for making me get to the point where I didn't think it was worth it to keep fighting." Scott, Kirstie, Carter, and I are all in tears, but I keep going.

"Last year, I started to cut. This year, I wanted to die."

"I-I'm sorry." He stutters out

"Oh no, I'm not done." I look him right in the eye and walk closer. "The only reason I'm still here, alive today, is because of Scott. Scott is the one who became my friend, when no one else was. Scott is the the one who took me out on dates and made me happy. Scott is the one who gave me back the confidence you took away. You say you can treat me better? Honey, I'd like to see you try." And with that, I walked into the classroom, where I was met with my friends giving me hugs and high-fives.

***