10

Mitch's POV

I wake up to Scott's annoying alarm going off and I remember we have school. I groan and hit Scott with a pillow before getting up.

"What the hell?" He says with a low, raspy voice.

"We got school, bb. Get up."

"School's boring. You know what's not boring? Kisses." He says before puckering his lips, waiting for a kiss. I quickly peck his lips and start to get dressed.

"So, I need clothes."

"Just wear the black jeans you wore yesterday and I'll give you a shirt." He hands me his shirt with clouds on it.

"Thanks Catherine." I say, slipping it over my head. The sleeves cover my hands and it goes down to mid-thigh, but we loves it.

"No problem, Stephanie." He replies with a laugh. "Aw, you look so cute." I blush and cover my face with my hands.

"I will murder you." I tell him.

"You won't. Wanna know why? You can't live without me."

"Fuck you."

"Maybe later." My jaw dropped at that and we both start laughing. I hit his shoulder and he laughs even harder.

"Get your mind out of the gutter and get dressed." I say, still laughing a little bit. He gets dressed and we eat breakfast before going to school.

"Scotty, I need my school stuff from my house." I say when we pull out of the driveway. We go to my house and my parents' cars are there. We park the car and slowly walk in. When we go in, I'm immediately met with a lecture by my mom.

"Mitchell! Where were you? Your father and I were worried sick!" I roll my eyes and start to walk up, but she grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Fine! Wanna know why? I'm 16 and basically live alone! Seriously, I see Scott's parents more than my own! You guys are lucky his parents didn't call a social worker when I told them how I've been alone for the past 6 years! They were about to, but I begged them not to!" By now, Scott has gotten my stuff and is waiting by the door, watching everything.

"Thank you for not letting them call them."

"Don't think I did it for you. I did it because if she did, I would be taken away from Scott and my friends."

"Sweetie, you know we love and care--" I cut her off.

"No! Don't give me any of that bullshit! You know damn well you don't give a rat's ass about me! You chose your job over your child!" I yell at her, crying. She opens her mouth to speak but I continue.

"You don't get to show up three times a year for two days and act like you love me. I bet you can't even tell me when I'm allergic to. Go on, what can't I eat? What pet do I want? What's my favorite color?"

"You're not allergic to anything. You want a dog and you like purple." My mom replies I chuckle bitterly and turn to Scott.

"Scott?" He stands up straighter and answers without any hesitation.

"You can't have gluten. You want a sphinx cat and you like green."

"How are we supposed to know that? You never tell us." My dad tries, which just makes me angrier.

"You're never home for me to tell you! How much did Scott hesitate when he said that? He didn't. You had to think about it and yet you gave me the wrong answers. I bet you don't know that I'm a straight A student, top of my class, not only am I a geeky nerd, I'm a music nerd too, and I'm bullied for all of that."

"We're so sorry, sweetie." My mom tries to grab my hand, but I pull away.

"You're 6 years too late." I say. I glace at both of them one last time before leaving the house with Scott following me. When we get outside, we walk to the car and he pulls me into a hug as I sob into his chest.

"I-I h-h-hate them s-so m-much." I cry, gripping his shirt. I open my eyes and see my parents watching us from the porch, which only makes me cry more. Scott must have seen them because he picked me up, put me in the car, and got in before driving away.

***

Umm... Whoops?