7

TRIPLE (what?)

***

Mitch's POV

All throughout the day, Carter has been trying to talk and apologize to me. I think he's starting to either give up on me, or he's planning something. As long as it keeps him away from me, I couldn't care less. He keeps trying until study hall, so I can finally have some peace. During study hall, I go to the music room to play the piano and sing. After a few songs, I hear clapping. Please be don't be Carter. Please don't be Carter. I think. I turn around to see Carter standing there.

"Hi Mitchy." Mitchy? Hell no. Fuck off.

"Only Scott calls me that."

"Scott needs to fuck off." Carter replies. His voice suddenly hostile.

"What do you mean?" I swear if he does anything to my Scotty. I mean, he's technically not mine yet. But we're getting there.

"You were supposed to be mine, Mitch. I was going to make you mine until Scott moved here. I tried to get he and Mason together but nooo. They're too stubborn to do shit. Scott said he had his eye on someone else so he wouldn't do it."

"It's too late now, Carter. I don't like you. I will never like you. Why can't you understand that?"

"I don't know! Maybe because I've known you longer! I mean seriously, what does Scott have that I don't?" I'm too old for this shit

"A heart." That's all I say before I leave.

"Hey, Mitch." Scott greets when I sit down.

"Hi." I mumble. I guess Scott noticed my annoyed mood.

"What's wrong?" Kevin, Avi, and Kirstie are now at the table too.

"Carter. He hasn't left me alone all day. He's all 'What does Scott have that I don't? I can treat you better than anyone can.' Blah blah blah. It's really pissing me off." It's silent for a few minutes before Scott says something.

"Mitchy, come to my house today at 8:00, okay?"

"Okay. Why?"

"You'll see." He winks.

Scott's POV

After school, I text Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin to help me set up. It took longer than expected because we kept making the letters too big and running out of stuff to spell it. By the time we got it, it was already 7:00. They left and I rushed to get ready for Mitch to come.

Mitch's POV

It's almost 8:00, so I go to Scott's house. Once I get there, I knock and hear a 'come in'. When I go in, it's completely dark, expect for a little light coming from out back. I follow the light and see Scott standing out back next to a bunch of candles that spell out "Prom?"

 I follow the light and see Scott standing out back next to a bunch of candles that spell out "Prom?"

(A/N: The pic here 👆🏻👆🏻)

I look to Scott who has a bouquet of roses in his hand and a smile on his face.

"Mitchy, will you go to prom with me?"

"I'd love to." I say with a smile. He hands me the roses and I give him a hug.

***