8

Mitch's POV

It's been a few weeks since Scott has asked me to prom, and I have yet to find anything to wear. So today, Kirstie and I are going shopping. We have hardly been able to hang out lately. I guess she was too busy helping Scott on the promposal. 

I go to pick Kirstie up and text her when I'm at her house.

Queen: Asswipe I'm here (A/N: Literally me and my friends)

Kit: Calm your shit I'll be out in a minute

Queen: You better hurry or I'm leaving you here and taking Avi with me instead

Kit: Ok ok! I'm coming now now

"God you're so impatient." She says as we leave.

"You love me."

"Whatever." She laughs.

We arrive at the mall and go into a fancy store that I don't know the name of. I don't know if I'll wear a dress or a suit, so I shop for both.

After a while of shopping, we decide to take a break at the food court.

"Kit, look, it's Avi." Kirstie has had a crush on Avi for a while now and it's my duty as her best friend to embarrass her and get her a date.

"Maybe he'll come over here and talk to us."

"No. You're going over there to talk to him."

"Umm, I think the fuck not."

"It wasn't an option, get some!" I push her into Avi, who catches her before she falls. I see him say something that makes her blush and I feel accomplished.

I finally get the food and sit down at a table. A few minutes after watching the two love birds, Kirstie runs back over to me, saying something about a number.

"Yeah, don't forget to breathe. It's kinda important." I tell her

"Oh right, that."

"Now, what were you trying to say?"

"Avi asked for my number and then gave me his!"

"See, this wouldn't have happened if I didn't push you into him. So say it. Who's the best friend in the whole wide world?"

"Me." She replies, giggling. I throw a french fry at her and she gasps.

"That was a waste of a perfectly good french fry! Shame on you!"

After a few more hours of shopping, I finally find a dress I like. Now we're going shopping for Kirstie because in her words 'Even if she doesn't get asked, she's still going to chaperone Scott and me.' So that's just great.

We find a dress for Kirstie and go home. We're at my house for about an hour before we get a text from Scott.

Scotty💙: Hey guys. Do you wanna come over?

Kirstie sees my contact name for Scott. "Aww that's so cute."

Mitchy💚: Yeah, Kirstie and I are together right now so we'll be there in 10 min

Dragon dude 🐲: Sure I'll come over

Kurvy🎻: I'll be there soon.

***