Twenty-One.

"Fine?" Nick repeated.
"Fine." Aryn shrugged.

"I don't buy that." Nick said, being bold for once, as he backed away from her a bit - safety first, as always. Yeah, right.

Aryn shot him a look - that only read as back away further, Nicolas, or you will get knocked out. Don't test her, you idiot. "Okay, I buy it." He surrendered, looking down at his coffee mug. "I mean, you clearly have nothing to be jealous of anyways." He said, taking in a breath, as if he was about to regret what he just said. "You're right, I don't. That's why I'm perfectly fine." She smiled at him, grabbing her own coffee, and walking out - seeing Tania help Amanda over at her desk from a slight distance. Nothing to be jealous of. She walked to her desk, as she nearly multi-tasked, focusing on her work and watching the two, almost catching the eye of her raven-haired girlfriend at times before looking away quickly. Why was she even worried? Because Amanda nearly looked like Tania's perfect match, while Aryn looked like a pastel goth's dream girl (no, I'm not sorry) - plus, Amanda was literally a beautiful, also Australian, clearly charming woman whilst Aryn felt like she was... well... nearly borderline childish, as if her role in a movie would be to be the obnoxious manic pixie dream girl.
And that just seemed incredibly cringe-worthy.
(Fuck that trope, man - Aryn may like pastel colors and shit, but she isn't that trope at all. It's annoying to me as a writer. I hope you guys can forgive me for this incredibly shitty chapter but I also hope you guys are happy I updated!)