Chapter 8

Three days. Three days have gone by of auditioning people to be her dance partner. And not a single one had a dancing bone in their body. Either trying to grind or grope her or having two left feet, Aria is beginning to lose hope.

Since it's the second saturday since school has begun it is the annual charity dance later that night. Knowing there is a part where those who participate in a pre-choreographed dance to raise money for the years cause, Aria hopes to find someone there.

...

Fixing his bow tie in the mirror, Luke does a once over as his father walks down the stairs. Already over for the night knowing he will be bombarded by businessmen from his fathers company and those Kane Industries works with, Luke just wants to crawl back to his bedroom and think about the mystery girl Aria from the bar last week.

A whole week has gone by and his free time has been spent thinking about her. The way her hair moved when they danced. Her laugh, dear god her body. It's the sort of thing that drives a man crazy.

Those long legs putting her nearly as tall as him. And- "Luke!" His father yelled breaking him out of his day dreaming. "Come on there are some important people I want you to meet tonight."

Following his father out to their extravagant car, Luke prepares himself for hours of small talk and playing nice with money grabbing dicks.

...

"... and he said 'I'll give it to you for 30%' Can you believe it 30 HA! Like that would ever happen."

Two hours Luke has had to listen to old people talking stocks and business deals. Beginning to feel like if he hears one more story his ears are going to bleed, he excuses himself with promises of returning soon. Not

Getting away from the bar and his father he makes his way to the dance floor. As far away as he possible can get while still being at the event.

Suddenly out of the corner of his eye he catches sight of a girl. A girl who happens to look a lot like Aria, lining up for the choreographed dance done every year. "Son of a bitch" He whispers to himself.

As the empty spots keep filling up, Luke searches his mind to remember the steps he has seen done before and rushes to grab a mask while undoing his bow tie and top buttons on his shirt.

Once everyone is lined up the female MC announces "And now the broken tango. Take it away!"

Everyone takes slow calculated steps forwards to the person across from them in their row. Fuck I didn't get her. As everyone dances to Jazmine Sullivan's 'bust ya windows' Luke keeps his eyes on Aria.

Walking around the dance floor, couples spin and dip till they trade partners to the right. Consequently bringing Aria right to him.

"Luke" She quietly states, shocked at seeing him again.

"I got you" Grabbing her hand they continue to dance. Step, step, spin, dip while holding her neck. Walk around to her back and step forward.

On and on they dance, spinning her into him then dipping her low to the floor then lifting her. Dip, lift and dip again, they keep going till the dance ends, holding onto her waist and thigh on the final dip backwards low to the floor.

She sensually comes back up to meet his face. Staring at each other for a brief moment, she snaps out of it first and pulls them off the floor to a quiet corner to talk.