ARC 2: Ominous Twilight Part 1

3 ABY

More than 25 millennia have passed since the crash of the SS-Berk on the icy planet within the Unknown Regions.

The now ruling authority within the galaxy, the Galactic Empire, had suffered a critical blow three years prior in the Battle of Yavin where their superweapon, the Death star, had been destroyed by the Rebel Alliance which had risen to oppose their regime.

The Rebels are now more determined than ever to strike back as the Empire is busy recovering from their defeat.

It is in this time of turmoil that the Celestials, having sensed something ominous on the horizon, have decided to set their Guardians upon the galaxy.

This is the story of an unlikely group of heroes whose choices will determine the fate of everyone within the galaxy.

----------------

Deep within the caverns of the ice planet two giant ice crystals talk amongst themselves. "The disturbance in the Force is growing stronger."

"They are coming." The other crystal stated. "We cannot stall anymore. You know what needs to be done."

"I know, yet I do not want to place such a huge burden on them. They have nothing to do with this. It is us they are after."

"You know as well as I that once they arrive no one will be safe. They will subjugate this galaxy just as they did their own."

"They are but hatchlings!" The crystal stated.

"They are Guardians!" The other loudly proclaimed. "You might have offered the option to them because you did not wish to see them perish of hunger, but they are Guardians now! They are this galaxy's last line of defense! We need them now more than ever."

"You know I'm right." The crystal persisted. "What good did our defection do if we let this galaxy suffer the same fate?!"

"Very well" The crystal stated with a sigh of resignation. "You do know what will happen when we call them forth."

"I know what will happen if we do not." The other said with determination.

The large crystals began shining brightly in the large cavern. The blinding light illuminated all and when it dissipated three individuals stood before the giant crystals. "Greetings Guardians, you are needed to ensure this galaxy's continued survival."

Hiccup, Heather and Fishlegs, now looking older and wearing form-fitting robes, nodded and listened intently to the crystals.

"Darkness is approaching this galaxy." The crystal to the left said. "If it isn't stopped then life will cease to exist."

"It has been many millennia since you three have joined us in the Force and we have more than enjoyed your company but this may be the last time we speak." The crystal to the right now said. "The energy needed to bring you back to this realm has depleted us and we are ready to move on from this plane. So listen well."

The three didn't say anything even if they wanted to. "You young Guardians have been gifted with all the knowledge we Celestials possessed. The galaxy needs you now more than ever. The Beacon is close to being made operational again. If that happens then darkness shall descent. The only way to stop it is with the Spiral Holocron, which unfortunately is not in our possession anymore. Your task will be to retrieve it and stop whoever is trying to activate The Beacon."