Arc 2: Ominous Twilight Part 3

Part 3

"I still can't believe you did that!!" Gobber exclaimed as the computer screen showed the destruction of the Star Destroyer.

"Destroy a wall?" Heather asked innocently.

"No" Gobber mumbled. "But very impressive."

"Blow up the ship?" The twins now questioned.

"No" Gobber stated. "How you two managed that with just blasters I still can't comprehend."

"Gobber just get to the point!" Finn grumbled to his friend as he was inputting coordinates into the nav computer of the shuttle they had taken.

"I meant with the Captain." Gobber answered.

"What's wrong with stringing the man upside down and holding him hostage?" Hiccup asked perplexed. "It was the only way anyone would listen and evacuate the ship in the first place."

"No, I'm talking about the lass sending that Captain down to the planet naked." Gobber told them as he looked at Astrid weirdly. "Thought you were going to kill him."

"I thought so too and then I had a much better idea." Astrid told them casually. "The fact that his escape pod will land furthest from the mining facility is a bonus."

"How did you manage that?" Finn asked curiously.

Hiccup now looked a bit sheepish as he rubbed the back of his head. Fishlegs noticed it and commented "Hiccup what did you do?!"

"I.....eh... rewrote the nav computer code." Hiccup mumbled. "Apparently computer language hasn't changed much."

"So where are we heading now?" Fishlegs asked Finn.

"I have some colleagues on Dalastine who should be able to help us lie low." Finn explained as they jumped in hyperspace.

"I don't think we have time to lie low." Hiccup told the man. "We need to figure out where that artifact ended up."

"And you'll need lightsabers." Astrid told them pointedly.

"We do?" The trio asked while Gobber and Finn mumbled "They do?"

"Of course you do!" Astrid stated. "You guys might know advanced Force techniques which is all good in long range battles but a lightsaber helps with close range fighting."

"If you say so." Heather said looking skeptical.

"Lass, I don't think making a lightsaber is so easy." Gobber commented. "They'll need kyber crystals which are in short supply already."

"We got those." Hiccup told Gobber as the trio showed them their crystals. "They tend to nag a bit a times though."

"That reminds me. You guys were acting as if the crystals talked." Astrid observed.

"Doesn't yours?" Hiccup asked curiously. Astrid however shook her head negatively.

"Lad.....eh.... Crystals don't normally speak." Gobber told Hiccup along with a look that suggested that Hiccup had gone crazy.

"You'd be surprised Gobber." Fishlegs chuckled. "Meatlug likes to gossip, Toothless is as sassy as a crystal can get, while Windshear is much too serious. I guess other people can't hear them because the Force isn't balanced inside of them."

"Trust me you have no idea the level of sass I had to endure all those years." Hiccup now moaned.

"Look who's talking." Toothless told Hiccup mentally.

Hiccup rolled his eyes at the crystal in his hand before turning back to Astrid. "Can I see your crystal?" He then asked. Astrid proceeded to take out her lightsaber. She allowed it to float, before separating the parts and levitating the red crystal out of it. She then handed it to Hiccup who turned it over curiously. He then tried to talk to the crystal only to be met with a sorrowful wail.