Chapter 12

Eventually Karma's ranting came to an end and she sat on a white boulder to calm her remaining nerves. As she did so, the others decided to go in search of the hormels. Without their mounts, it would be a long and tiresome trek back to Argo. The only person who didn't join them was Jason, who thought it was best if Karma had some type of company with her. He stood beside her as she hutched over on the boulder, her head on her hands. "It's not as bad as you think." Jason offered some kind of support. Karma snorted.

"Yeah? Why's that?" She countered. Jason shrugged.

"After everything you've been through, everything you did and succeeded, I say this is just the topping of the cake." Karma gave him a sideways glance.

"Yeah, but all that came with a cost, like everything."

"And so would this," Jason told her. "Come on, Karma, if this roadblock stops you now after everything, than everything that you've done and become was total waste. You're a strong, stubborn person, Karma, I am sure you'll think of something." Karma straighten on the boulder and looked at Jason.

"And how do you propose we find the egg?" She asked.

"I don't know, but I do know that you got four friends, including me, who are more than happy to help you, no matter what the circumstance is." Karma let that sink in and a small smile played on her lips. Jason was right. She had amazing friends who were willing to give their arms and legs in order to help Karma. They were fighters, warriors to be exact! They live and breathe in fighting for what they believe in. Especially when it came to Karma. Another thought hit her as she sat there.

"And what about the other stuff Asluk said? About generations and everything else? How I am supposed to feel about that? I have no idea what he's even talking about and what it means. I am not the only Creator of Arula? But that's impossible, isn't it?" Jason scratched the back of his neck in thought. He didn't know much about how this world functions except of what Karma has told him. He told her so.

"You know that I am pretty clueless to when it comes to how this world operates. You know that." He told her. "But whatever it is, he'll have to tell you. He said so once you got the egg. That's one thing to look forward to, right? Once we have the egg and return it, you'll get the answers that you wanted all along." Karma looked at Jason doubtfully.

"How do you know if he will tell me?" Jason shrugged.

"I don't, but we'll make him. You deserve to have answers after everything you've been through... and come on! You're the freaking Creator for Pete sakes! Just draw it so that you make him give you the answers!" Karma laughed and shook her.

"I am afraid it doesn't work that way, but it would be amusing if it could, huh?" Jason grinned and motioned for Karma stand.

"Come on," he told her. "Stand up." Karma gave him a quisling look.

"Why?"

"Well for one, that's not boulder, it's a dragon skull," Karma realizing that it was indeed a skull she was sitting on, jumped off and quickly dusted off her pants. "and two, Omar and others are back with the camel-horse things."

"Hormels," Karma corrected and looked over to see that he was right, Omar, Mika, and Dagner were returning with the Hormels that ran off when Asluk frighten them.

"So," Jason continued. "Are you ready to find that egg and get your answers?" Karma looked at Jason smiled.

"yeah," she said. "let's go find that egg."

----

Out of all of them, Omar was the only one who had the better sense of direction and had committed their pervious journey to memory. The ride back to the village of Argo was just as long and exhausting as the travel to Dragon Mountain was. The hot sun showed no mercy as it beat down on the travelers. But they were committed to making it to Argo with no hint of slowly down. The hormels, as tried as they were, continued to carry their riders through the hot desert with little to no struggle. By the end of the third day, the weary travelers began to see the buildings of Argo appear through the waves of heat. They all sighed with relief as they knew their tiresome journey through the heated desert was at its end.