World of Journey

Here are some fun facts and questions about the Arula series that I had put together for you guys throughout the journey that I have creating this series. So I hope you guys enjoy!

What gave me the idea for this series?

This series went through two rewrites. The original story for Arula was actually posted on Wattpad several years ago shortly after my Secrets Lie Within book was completed. I had only posted two chapters of the book before I decided to scrap it and forget about it entirely. When I first came up with the idea, I had always liked the idea of someone traveling to worlds through portals, and the idea of maybe the world they are traveling to, they had created it, and was known as "the Creator" as you hear Karma be called throughout the books. It was first deleted because as I typed the third chapter, I struggled greatly to see where this story was going and decided to stop writing it. Now what made me come back to it? A couple summer ago, I was sitting in my basement watching a show on Netflix called "The Shannara Chronicles". If you have never seen the show, it is basically about elves, dwarves, sorcerers, and humans and some type of war (I stopped watching the show after awhile). But as I was watching, this story that you have now read popped back into my head, because the show reminded me of my story (mostly because it had elves and dwarves in it and so did my story). And all of a sudden, a new reformed idea came into my head for this story and as soon as that episode ended, I jumped onto my computer and started writing what you now know as "World of Worlds".

Different Plot:

I had an entirely different plot for this series at first. As you know, book one was about the evil King, Termis, enslaving all the Clans. At first this was suppose to be the main adjective for Karma and her friends to accomplish throughout the series. But the more I begin to type the first book the more I realized that I couldn't type five books based on this one journey. There were too many plot holes that I could not fill in and too many of "what are our heroes going to do now?". So I came up the idea that, dethroning Termis will happen all in one book, then the rest of the series would have do with Karma dealing with issue in different Clans and places throughout her world. I felt pretty good about this, all up until I wrote the epilogue with our mysterious person at the end of book one.

Names:

Names are usually either really hard to come up with, or they come to you easy. When creating most of my unusual names, all I really did was take random pronunciation and sounded out whatever came out of my mouth. For an example, Dagner. When creating our lovable dwarf's name I took the first half the word dagger, so dag, and ended up pronouncing a name like dag-ner. Similar to dagger, I replaced the er sound with a n-er. Same goes for the towns and places with this world. Like Yunalla, the spite village. Took the random pronounce of young and Ella, but ridding the o and g from young and making it yun. Same goes for the name Arula. I took the world Are and the letter u and added the la to make Are-you-la; Arula.

Now making regular names, like Karma, Omar, Mika, Hope, and Jason, I had different reasons for those names. Karma's name actually originated from a dog's name. One of my good friends has a golden retriever dog named Karma. And I had never knew of someone, or some thing, called Karma. So he told them when I asked him about it, "karma can be good or bad, so you never know which on Karma (the dog) will be". And it stuck with me and when it came time to create Karma's name, my friend's words popped into my head and I loved it every since. Now Omar was a name I always wanted to use. The name floated from story plot to story but it never stayed long. Until creating the elf character, Omar was a name I thought fit perfect for someone who was an older brother or brother like figure. And when I created Omar, the name fit perfectly. Mika and Hope were both names that I came up with on the fly when writing the chapter about Omar's family being taken away from him. And funny enough, Mika's name also sort of originated from an animal. A cat this time. I had a cat called Meeko a couple years ago and he would always join me in the computer room when I did my writings. So when I came up with Mika, I basically did a female version of the name Meeko. And like I said before, Hope was a name that had randomly popped in my head. Jason was a name that I actually liked and wanted to use. I have a mental list in my brain of girl names and boy names that I really like and save most of them for stories that can put them in. And Jason was one of those names that I basically pulled out of a hat.