Chapter 2

Orina Cove was beautiful, Jason found out. The light blue waters washed up on the rocky shores and the white beach was littered with seashells and smooth and jagged rocks. Jason followed Karma down the hilly pathway to the cove. Above them, Jason could see and hear the seagulls. It was all pretty amazing. Not in even Jason's wild imagination could he conjure up something like this. "The details you put into this place is absolutely incredible." Jason said to Karma when he guided his horse up to hers. Karma blushed.

"Thanks," she said. "This world turned more beautiful than I had ever drawn."

"What you mean?" Jason said moving his horse around a rock. Karma guided Pepper to the far side of the cove and hopped off. Jason followed in suit.

"I mean," Karma said walking on the sandy beach. "Is that, I just draw in the book, I basically draw the blueprint to this world and the world, or whatever strange being or force, takes my blueprint and makes it into reality. Sometimes even putting its own spin on it." Jason walked beside Karma listening intently.

"Own spin?" He said cocking his head. "How?" Karma shrugged. She looked up at the sky, watching a few seagulls fight over a fish.

"Well, an example would be the seagulls." Jason looked up at the seagulls as well. "I didn't put seagulls into the drawing of the cove, nor in my drawings as a regular animal in Arula. Whatever force or thing that makes it all happen, decided that the cove needed seagulls." Karma shook her head and grinned. She took in a deep breath and stared out into the water, watching as the waves moved back and forth. "If only I truly understood this world, how it all works that is." Karma let her mind wander for a moment, then she walked over to Pepper opened the saddle bag and pulled out her book. She walked back to Jason with it while fetching the key from its chain around her neck. She unlocked the book and opened to the first page with the strange writing on it:

"Ad animam quae fuerat I creata est,

Da mettere in questo mondo,

Para que todas las testigo.

Laat hierdie skepping toe,

Pour amener une nouvelle ere,

Der Welt Frieden bringen."

Jason recognized the strange writing from when he and Karma wandering around in the strange portal world that got a bunch of dwarves to go missing. It was similar to the writing above a weird archway, though he couldn't exactly remember what the words actually said or meant. "This," Karma said, "is how everything around you exists. All I have to do it draw on a page, go to the place where I want it to be, say these words, and whatever is one the page will become a reality. That is all I know. So much for being the Creator, huh?" Jason didn't reply, he had no clue how Karma felt or what she dealt with on a daily basis. But what he did understand was how everyone excepted something from you. For Jason, it was passing high school, getting into an amazing college, and getting a lawyer degree. For Karma it was being someone who knew everything and could do great things for her world.

To truly understand what Karma was going through, was beyond Jason's understanding. Instead of answering, Jason placed his hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. He felt Karma relax at his reinsuring touch. She closed the book and took in a deep breath. "Do you want to know what the worst part is?" She asked him. "Is that I get these massive headaches and the only cure is to draw in this dumb book with its never-ending pages." Silence passed between them and suddenly Karma started laughing. It was a soft, sad laugh. "Am sorry, Jason," she said. "I'm putting all of my problems on you." She laughed again. "Here I am, a twenty years old adult spilling her thoughts and emotions like a twelve-year old." She took in a deep breath and let it out shakily.