Chapter 7

You smile brightly. "Alright Inigo, I hope we get along well." You say. You genuinely meant that. You needed to keep this marriage a happy one for Katrina after all. You then took charge of the conversation. You kept asking questions about what he liked to do during his free time and general questions like his favorite food or color. He would roll his eyes on occasion but he answered. Likewise you did the same.

The two of you were soon called to go to the party. You were straightening your dress since you had been sitting some while when Inigo thrusted his arm in front of you. You stared at for a moment trying to process what just happened. He then rolled his eyes.

"Have you never held a man's arm before?" He asked in a condescending way.

"I have." you replied. "Just the men who offered their arms were more polite." Before he was able to get another word in, you grabbed his arm and somewhat forcefully led him to the hall where the party was being held.

The two of you waited for your cue. Soon you were introduced and the two of you made your way to the hall. You saw people clapping happily while others glaring. You knew you had your work cut out for you. The two of you made your way into the hall. People greeted you both and you kept a smile on your face. 

To be honest, you found it annoying. Some of the people who greeted you were indirectly insulting you. Inigo faced the same problems, from Katrina's family. He didn't do anything and maintained his composure. 

The party went off without a hitch if you excluded the insults here and there. You had successfully got engaged to Inigo. During the car ride home, you told Kevin everything in as much detail as possible. Though Inigo was standoffish, he didn't seem like a bad person. He also was willing to comply to what you asked. Knowing Katrina, their marriage might be a very successful one.

When you got home, you went to Katrina's room, since you were told to live there for the time being. You took out the journal you got and wrote down the details of the party and the meeting with Inigo. You wrote down everything from the color of your clothes to drapes on the curtains. You wanted to make things easier for Katrina when she came back. Soon you finished writing what you wanted and fell asleep soon after.

The next morning, you had finished breakfast when you wandering around the entrance of the mansion. You heard the door ring and decided to answer it since you were the closest. When you opened you were shocked to see who it was. Inigo Moors. 

"Good morning Katrina. I have come to take you for an outing." He says.

"Good morning Inigo. I am pleased at such invitations, but do you mind me asking why?" you reply.

"Took make a marriage work, you need both sides willing to make an effort. Since we are engaged, let's try and get to know each other more."

"Alright. Just let me get ready." You say before running off to get dressed. Soon afterwards, you are ready and the two of you go out.