Chapter 17

Inigo continues to glare at Ryder. Ryder rolls his eyes.

"Alright Mr. Moors. You wanted to talk then talk. I am not a big fan of time wasters."

"I told you to bring my wife back, not become friends with her."

"Exactly. You said nothing. Look I did my job, and now let me do what I want to do."

"I don't care who you talk to, but not her." Inigo grabs Ryder's collar. Ryder maintains a calm composure while Inigo is trembling with anger. Slowly, Ryder grabs Inigo's hands and removes them from his collar.

"She loves you, you know. I can see it in her eyes."

"Of course she does."

"But I also see fear. Going by what you are doing, it won't take long for it to be the only thing she feels for you."

"You-"

"I am not interested in women who is practically half my age. Now look, F/n is a good person. I enjoy her company, but I don't love her the way you do. She is the first person I have been able to confide in since my dad." 

"Your point."

"I don't love her, but I will still see her."

"I just told you-"

"Try and stop me then. You know what I can do. It is why you hired me in the first place right." Inigo becomes silent. "I dictate my own life. If I want to see her, I will." Ryder begins to leave. Before he gets too far, he turns around and says. "F/n is a person, not a puppet. Let her do what she wants to do, since you forced her to give up her identity." Inigo silently stares at Ryder's retreating figure before he takes off to find you.

You are sitting in your room when Inigo opens the door. You immediately stand up and Inigo wraps his arms around you. "F/n! Please, don't hate me. I am sorry, but I can't afford to have you taken from me." You silently wrap your arms around him. You can hear the pain in his voice. You knew his actions were unforgivable, and you were still scared, but you couldn't forget all the happy memories you had together. You break the hug and give Inigo a small smile.

"Don't worry I am right here." He hugs you once more and you return it. The two of you soon retire for the night.