Chapter 22

The drive was quiet. Ever so often Inigo would look at you but you kept your eyes in front of you. Finally you arrive at the manner. Inigo finally speaks. "F/n, I know you are mad, but I don't want to lose you."

"If I knew things were going to escalate this far, I would left Mardin the minute my job was done."

"Do you hate me F/n?"

"I don't know." That is all you say before getting out of the car. Inigo hurriedly gets out and follows you.

"F/n-"

"Don't call me that." Inigo was taken aback."

"What?"

"The minute you took me from the station, F/n disappeared. As of now, I am Katrina."

"No your F/n."

"No I am not. F/n wasn't married to you. She was a girl who wanted to live life the way she saw fit. Inigo you took that away from me. You made me give up so much. I should hate you but I don't which makes me angry. In reality, I should of known bad things were going to happen."

"I am sorry."

"No your not. If you were, I would of been on that train." You walk away. Inigo just stares at you.

In the Albright manor.

Ryder had lied. Inigo could indeed send him to prison but he never intended to leave you behind. Instead he was going to have Kevin take care of it. Ryder had explained what has happened in the train station. Kevin was clutching his head. He had Katrina's body cremated a while ago was feeling worse that ever before. 

"So. I need to see the papers of the surgery." Kevin hands them over. Ryder smiles. "Perfect." On the papers for Katrina's heart surgery, the name of the patient was named Katrina Albright but F/n L/n. 

Back to you.

You skipped dinner and was about to go to bed. Inigo came in and you turned away. Quietly he said. "F/n, I know you are angry, but I want you by my side. I don't know what I am going to do if you are gone. I am willing to do anything as long as it doesn't involve you leaving me." You turn to face him.

"Inigo, I want to be alone." Inigo nods and leaves the room. This continues on for a few days. Inigo not once forced himself on you and you were given free reign in the manor but he wouldn't let you leave it unless he was with you. Finally you were on talking terms with him. 

The conversation was a simple one but to Inigo it was progress. Eventually you began smiling and was okay having him as company. You never told Inigo that Katrina died. Not that he would have cared. Soon life became a bit more normal. You began feeling happy and actually didn't mind being here. If you had no chance of leaving, might as well enjoy right now. After all Inigo would never dare hurt you.