Chapter 3

You were aware that you would look exactly like her. It still surprised you. The two of you stared at each other. It was her that broke the silence.

"Hello. My name is Katrina Albright. And you are?" She said politely. You noticed how refined she was.

"My name F/n L/n." Kevin moved towards his sister and gave her hug. He then began to explain how you wound up in their estate. At first, she was smiling, but when it got to the part about her taking surgery, she frowned.

"Kevin. You know how I feel about this. Your dragging other people into our issues." She says.

"But Katrina, you need the surgery." he counters. The two of them go on like this for a while. Finally you cut in.

"You know I heard about dumb heiresses. Didn't think I would actually meet one." you say monotonously. Both of the stare at you wide eyed.

"I beg your pardon." Katrina says.

"You know Katrina, I find it endearing that you love your brother so much and that you are willing to go to such extents to try and mend strained relationships. But you really are dumb." She stares at you confused and so you continue on. "You have me, who looks exactly like you, willing to pretend to be you and yet you still say no."

"It is my decision. I am already weak. This is the least I can do for my brother." she retorts.

"You are right. It is your decision. Since you plan on doing something that will guarantee your early death, did you think about what will happen to your brother."

"What?"

"Since you chose not get surgery, your brother I can guarantee will probably cry himself to sleep. You don't want that right?"

Katrina looks at Kevin. She notices the sadness flickering in his eyes.

"I don't want that." She whispers.

"Then live. Take the surgery. I will make sure, your engagement and marriage goes through."

"But F/n, it isn't easy being an heiress."

"I am a quick learner. Besides I am getting money out of this. Money I will need to survive in Mardin. So do we have a deal?"

"Yes."