she will be mine

heyy guys!! this story is my best yet... So listen I entered this into the watty awards under mystery/suspense and I REALLY want it to do well!!!!!!! Pleez VOTE when u read this and I love to hear what u think!!!!! New fans are always welcome!!! WISH ME LUCK (by voting hehe:)

with love

swimchick

Chapter 1

"Mikki, your ride's here!" Mom, yelled from down stairs.

I cast a glance around my room. It looked fairly organized, well, my definition of organized anyway. I knew where most everything was, and that's all that counts anyway. Through my window, I could see the top of the garage roof, where I usually spent my time. Lying on a blanket, reading my latest book, doing homework, or singing while my friend Jasmine (aka Jazz) strummed a tune on her guitar. It was midmorning now so the sun was shining brightly, making the black shingles sparkle. My huge orange floral duffle bag from L.L. Bean was lying on my puffy blue and green bedspread, packed to the utter bursting point. My tendency to overpack was world renowned at this point. For two months this summer, my friends and I are staying at a lake house owned by my friends Marnie and Joley's parents. The house is large and stocked full of soda, ice cream, and the best movie collection ever. Even though the lake is only one hundred yards away they have a pool and a hot tub, and did I mention there's a sauna in the basement? Talk about paradise. Two months up there and I might never want to come home.

The ride there is a little over 2 hours, so I made sure I had my phone and iPod charged and ready, but I doubt I'll use them. My friends and I always manage to keep ourselves entertained, somehow. This summer was going to be great. Just the five of us hanging out and having fun, and the best part was that the Guys were staying at the same lake. My friend Matt St. James's parent's owned a lake house just down the road from Marnie and Joley's, which equals fun fun fun (according to Jazz). Personally I think she's just excited to spend time with her... FWB, friend with benefits Kyle Rigger. Everyone says that they should just go out already, but Jazz prefers make-out sessions with no strings attached soo... With a sigh I heaved my duffle off my bed and dragged it out into the hallway.

"Jeremy, come help me with this thing!" I yelled to the closed door on my right. My brother Jeremy, in my opinion, is the biggest loser I've ever met, and goes out of his way make my life miserable, but he is endowed with the responsibility of taking care of his little sister, which includes helping me bring my luggage to the car. I could, of course, carry it myself but where was the fun in that. The door opened and his music blasted out from his headphones. His hair was the same color as mine, dark and wavy, which contrasted nicely with his pale skin and blue eyes. The fact that girls practically swooned over him had always annoyed me, but I'm his little sister so it's supposed to i guess. He, of course, never complained. Jeremy said it made him feel like a manly-man, to have ladies falling over him. But he was completely serious with his girlfriend Jenny.

"What?" he yells at me, pretending not to hear. I roll my eyes and sighed, he can be such an idiot sometimes.

"I know you can hear me asshole, now help me bring this to the car." He shakes his head and points to his ear, miming deafness. Annoyed, I yank them out of his ears.

"Hey! What your problem?" He asks angrily.

"You are. Now help me get this into Jazz's car, I though you'd be happy to get rid of me?" I watched his face brighten at my words, jerk.

Jeremy lifts he bag into his arms. "Where to?"

I sigh and lead him down stairs and out the front door where Jazz is waiting in her black Jeep Wrangler.

"Finally." She jumps out and walks over to me, her long brown hair swinging behind her. The sides are twisted and fastened in the back with a clip. Her tall curvaceous body is held in obvious annoyance, with her hip jutting out, hands gripping her waist. Jazz and I have been friends since 4th grade, having met each other at girl scouts, although I eventually dropped out she and I remained really close friends. I like to think of us as complete opposites that complement each other. Where she is flirty, spontaneous and out going, I am quiet, reserved and rather cynical. She absolutely hates it when people say we look alike, and quite frankly so do I. Where she is tall, curvy and tan with long brown hair, I am small, and fair with medium black brown hair. She has dark eyes and I have teal eyes.