she will be mine ch13

heyy guys here's ch13!!!! Enjoy!!

with love

swimchick

P.S. votes, comments/feedback, and new fans are always appreciated!!!!!!!!! Merci!!

Chapter 13

Cam looked back at me. "Hold on." He said before sliding down the visor on his helmet. I followed suit and then we were off. It was an exhilarating feeling. The wind blew by as the scenery blurred together in a kaleidoscope of colors. I could hear nothing but the engine and my own beating heart. Scared that I would fall off, I tightened my grip around his waist, while leaning my head on his shoulders. Adrenalin spread through my system like wildfire, enhancing my senses and giving me an extraordinary rush of power. I liked it. I wasn't about to become an adrenalin junky or anything but I liked riding. Especially with Cam.

Cam steered the bike away from the lake speeding along winding roads, hairpin turns and mountain switchbacks with expert accuracy. Going up and up and up. True, the view was incredible from this height but I was too scared to look. Finally, Cam slowed down to a speed under 100 mph and eventually rolled to a stop. We at the base of a trail that obviously lead to the top of the mountain. Dismounting and pulling off the helmet, I touched Cam's arm.

"Are we hiking?"

He shook his head. "Not really. It's about a five minute walk to where we are going."

I nodded, watching as he pulled a pack from a compartment on the bike. He held it up for me to see. "Dinner." He said.

He grabbed my hand and lead me to the tree line. It was an ideal day to be on the mountain. The air was cool and breezy and the forest was nice and shady. If I had to guess the temperature, I'd say mid-fifties. Just perfect, in my opinion.

"Just so you know, Cam. You are extremely lucky I was able to come with you tonight. I though Jazz was gonna skin me alive when I told her I was going out with you." I said.

He looked at her quizzically. "What do you mean?"

"She doesn't trust you, Cameron." I said playfully.

"Oh really? What does she suspect me of?" He asked, his mischievous smile back in place.

"Oh this and that. Kissing me in the moonlight, leading me down the wrong path by taking me on a motorcycle ride, stalking me. You know, the usual." I said.

He stopped, his body suddenly tense, his eyes dark and wary. "What did you say?" His hand held mine in a gentle but firm grip.

"I said that she thinks you're the one stalking me." I smiled, while pulling him along.

Slowly, he continued walking, his gaze still wary. "I take it you don't believe her."

I snorted. "Of course not. She just doesn't have anyone else to blame."

He sighed, dropping my hand while turning around to face me. "You're naïve to think so, Mikki. Think logically, ma cherie, I'd be the first on the list of suspects. They always suspect the boyfriend. Especially if they are either a) new b) possessive or c) obsessive."

"And you are all of the above. I still don't believe it though." I said shaking my head.

"Damn it, Mikki, you are too trusting. For all you know I could be luring you to your death right now. I could be the one taking pictures of you and following you around town. How do you know it isn't me?"

I looked at him. Looked deep into his eyes, as cliché as that sounds. His eyes were dark, filled with seriousness, and a kind of hard, raw power. But I saw past the exterior mask into the depths of his true emotions. There was loneliness there, and a fear of losing control. Darkness swirled in shadowy tendrils billowing and reaching. It filled up the corners and cracks of his mind and soul but there was also light. A great deal of it. I felt warmth and courage and tenderness so deep that it brought tears to my eyes. Cam was no psychotic stalker. He was sweet and kind and filled with a boyish sense of mischief. He was fiercely protective and could be a tad bit possessive, but there was no one I'd rather be with. No one I'd trust more than this man standing right in front of me, gazes locked, hearts beating in unison.