001

Grace P.o.v

I can't keep living like this...

"What is it that you want to be in life?" Was the first thing that came out of Mr.bakers mouth. He was studying us like a book, waiting for answers. All hour he blabbed about pointless bullshit. I knew everything there was about life. I may not have experienced it all. Hell I barely had my first kiss, And I'm 18.. I waited patiently for others to go. I will not spend my last year of high school being the goodie two shoes everybody thinks I am.

I will change

"Watson?" I turn and star at him. Everybody's eyes were on me. Great! The first day and I'm already on the spot. "What do you want to be?" I feel like crawling under a rock right about now.

The tensions in the room increased and I was getting hot. "A registered nurse" I finally spoke. my fingers intwined with each other. I glance down at my desk and see that its 4 hours to go until I go home.

Gray rushes through the classroom door before Mr.baker could speak on what I said. He hands him a slip, then says something I couldn't catch. As Gray left in comes another student. His hair was messy but cute. He looked mean, no smile was on his face. He had big brown eyes that goes perfect with his lips. They were so bright, wouldn't mind bitting them. "We have a new student joining us late as hell today" Mr.baker didn't take his eyes off of the paper "Jessica Martinez?" Mr.baker finally looks up and smirks.

Oh he's a she? "I prefer Jesse" She pulls off her hat and put her hair in a ponytail. Everybody was looking at her. We don't have any studs here, let alone any 'out' girls. I know I don't like girls, no matter how cute you are. I may have not gotten past anything but a kiss but I know for a fact I like boys.

I start putting my things in my bag not really paying attention anymore. I heard a chair move close to mine, making my desk move a little. I turn my head and see the new girl sitting next to me. She didn't look at me, nor speak to me, did she even know I was here?

After about a minute of examining her godified face. She looks over at me and smile. "Take a picture, trust me it'll last longer" She grins then winks at me. Did she just.. you know what.. alright.

"No thanks, I've seen better" I smile then face the front. She didn't try to speak to me until

"Class dismissed"

As everybody was leaving the new girl blocks the door so I couldn't leave. Mr.baker wasn't even in here to tell her to move aside. It's lunch time and I know he's not coming back until he has to. "I'm Jesse" she stuffed her hands into her pockets as she looks down at me. She was basically hovering over me. I'm only 4'11 so there's nothing I could actually do. "You are?"

I fold my arms "Trying to get past" I try to move around her but it's like she knew my every move. It's like we're playing basketball and I'm that one player the whole team hates. "Grace" I finally say.

It was a long quiet pause. She was on her phone, STILL not letting me out. "Ok, Grace. Let me take you out" I was shocked to hear that. No one in this school ever acknowledged me.

"As sweet as that sounds, no" the look on her face was priceless. I gently touched her shoulder then walked out. It's like her body was frozen. She looked so.... I don't know. And I honestly don't care.