024

I woke up extremely late for school being up with Payton all night. I could barely get dressed without her being all over all me. I immediately apologize to my teacher as I come in and take my seat. "Sorry Ms.Flitcher, woke up a bit late today"

Im not sure what to do with the Payton situation. She's my boss, and my lover. From my past experiences they never mix well. I've been trying to lay low and stay away from Grace but I can smell her Cherry Strawberry scent before she even walks in the room.

I look around and spot her smiling at Darius. It pains me how we ended but ever since then I was trying to get back on the right track with her and she doesn't seem to care. It's been almost a week since we last talked and seeing her everyday with Darius is getting harder and harder. "Hey" I hear from next to me. I look over and see Beth, I'm so caught up in my mind I didn't even see her approach me. "What's up" I ask as I look towards the front. "Just came to check on you... you seem a little tired" she admits as she grabs a hold of my arm. I could see the concern in her eyes grow, this is the Beth I've always just wanted her to be. I glance over and I see Grace looking over at us. She didn't look to happy to see me with Beth again. "I'm fine, I've been thinking about switching schools a lot lately.. to much went down here and it seems like I'm always in drama" I say without taking my eyes off of Grace.

Grace looked like she had a lot of mixed emotions about me and Beth sitting together but it didn't make her come talk to me. Maybe I should see if she really cares. I stand and walk over to the front desk. "Ms.Fletcher, I know I just got here but Beth and I need a moment to step out.. she's having a moment and just really needs a friend right now.." I quietly ask. She directs her attention to Beth, and then back to me and nods. "Come on Beth" I say loud enough to get everybody's attention, when of course I only wanted Graces. Once she looks up her eyes met my gaze but I quickly look away as Beth approaches me.

Once we step into the hall I pick her up quickly and run us to the nearest janitors closet. "Woah" she giggled at me as I put her down. I look around and see we're in a tight spot but it didn't matter I just wanted to see something. The closet is so little I had to reach over Beth's head just to close the door more. Once I had the door where I wanted it, I stepped back and all I could see was Beth giving me the face. "If you wanted it this way you could've just asked" she admits as she wraps her arms around my neck. "Huh?" I asked confused but then I realized how this looked. She kissed me before I could explain anything and I couldn't pull away. I close my eyes and just let everything happen but I quickly stop once I hear a door shut.

I glance over and see Grace looking around the hallway's. I quickly back away from Beth, almost shoving her. "I-I can't Beth.." I struggled to get out. I love her, but I can't keep playing with her heart like this. "I'm trying to change" I admit. She went from confused to angry in a matter of seconds. "How if you pulled me in here!" She snapped. I glance over at the hallway again and Grace is gone but it doesn't mean she's far. "I wanted to... talk" I lie trying to get myself out of this. I could hear heels clacking in the distance, and I already knew Beth wouldn't stop nagging so I just gently press my lips to hers. I didn't stop until I seen who it was in the heels. Then I could smell Cherry just getting stronger as the heels got louder. My heart started to cave in because I knew if she seen me doing anything that whatever were working towards will be done for.

"I love you" Beth quietly says into the kiss. It was sexy but I just couldn't get myself to say it again. After all that stuff that went down with us and Lisa. I just deepened the kiss, so she feels me instead of just hearing. I look over and see Grace giving up and just heads back to the class. I need her mind to wonder just like mines. Beth gently pulls back and ask "you can't say it back?"

I back away, and intertwine our hands. "You know I love you... I'm not IN love with you Beth... As much as I want you, I don't want you getting the wrong idea that's why I stopped the first time.." I admit. It's true I love her but I don't like us together. It just never ends well, and I rather have her as my friend then dodging her my whole life. She didn't say anything, which made me become quiet my self. Once the room grew awkwardly silent, I let her hands go and started to walk past her but she quickly placed her hand in the middle of my chest. "Okay... At this moment i just want you" she finally admits.

As soon as she says that I just scoop her in my arms and start to kiss her again. I start to rub my hand up her shirt but I quickly stop when I hear keys and the clacking of more heels. "How's about we finish at my house later" I whisper as I pull us apart. She didn't say anything just shook her head yes. 

Before we headed into class I make sure my hair and outfit were straightened out. "Oh! They did decide to come back" Ms.Fletcher sarcastically says whilst she put her hands on her hips. "We got side tracked" I lied. "Well you came in late and I still let you leave and you took advantage of that. I'm sorry that I have to do this but you both have detention" and with that she dismisses our class.

"Fucking detention" I mumble to myself as I plopped down on the fitness mat. Whilst I was lost in my train of thought in walks Darius In his running gear. "Protein bar?" Darius offers as he runs by passing them to each person as he goes. I could see him sweating through his clothes and he still looked like he belongs on baywatch. "Wait up!" I hear coming from the opposite direction. I look over and see Grace attempting to keep up with him. Once she reaches me I extend my arms out with a water bottle so she could just take it and that's exactly what she did. "Thank you!" She tiredly says as she plops down next to me.

"Playing keep up?" I joke but she didn't take it lightly. "I'm trying to loose a couple pounds so I can at least manage when it comes to work out with him" she snaps whilst throwing her hands in the air to show her frustration. I look over at Darius and see him talking to a couple of younger class girls. They looked like they're talking about their body tone from the hand movements going from touching his arms to them showing him a squats whilst pointing to their hips. "Stuff like that pisses me off" she mumbles. "I get doing classes with people or to give tips but watch as he gets hands on and help with a squat" she lets out. I look back over at Darius and he did exactly what she said he would do. As soon as his hands touched the girls hips Grace got up and ran over to them like speed racer.

I've never seen her energy so bad. All this time I thought she was happy, but from our little two second talk she didn't seem to happy about Darius welcoming the attention from other women but who am I to talk. I could tell she needed to vent but I didn't want to push my luck. She's been putting on this persona to look like she's happy but she's really not?...

I closely watch as he brushes her hand off him just so he could get a extra couple minutes to talk to the other girls. I jog my way towards Grace and grab a hold of her hand. "Hey I'm just going to steal her for a minute" I say to him as I pull her away. "What is it now?" She ask sounding so annoyed. I say nothing just continue to walk besides her without letting her hand go. "Uh... Jesse " she says almost confused. I put my finger up to my lips and turn to see Darius walking up behind us. "We got to go" he says as he jogs past us. Grace smiles at me as if she just caught on to what I was doing. "No worries" I say before she flees off after him.
~
I make my way out the front doors to the school. I felt the sun and wind hit my face so hard I couldn't help but put my ski mask on. "Winters a comin'" I hear from beside me. I look over and see Darius puffing a cigarette. "Didn't know you smoked" I say as I grab it from him. "There's a lot of things y'all don't know, I need a favor"

"Depends on what that is" I say as i scanned the outside of the schools windows to see if I could get a glimpse of Grace. "Stay away from her"