My Sister

*Justin's pov*

After a long day at work doing nothing but writing I was exhausted. Even though Jaxon and Jazzy are visiting I'm just not up to hanging out with them. I walk up to my room, dropping into bed, falling asleep instantly.

I walk up to jazzy, holding out my hand. When I look at her eyes I see nothing but pain and suffering. "Jazzy?" I ask, afraid of her answer. "Leave me alone!" she screamed. I recoiled in shock. "Jazzy..." I try to calm her down but in vain. "Go away! You always leave!" After she said that she collapsed. "Jazzy? Jazzy!" I yelled her name but she never woke up. I sat there, crying. My sister, my everything is gone! I rocked back and forth with Jazzy's body in my arms...

I woke with a start, crying my eyes out. Wait! Jazzy! Realizing it's 10:13 am, I go to Jazzy's room. Seeing she was asleep,  I sighed in relief. She's safe. Just then she started waking up. "Hey princess. Sleep well?" She nodded sleepily. I picked her up, carrying her to the kitchen where everyone else was waiting. I ask my sister, "What would you like for breakfast kiddo?" Jazzy just shrugged. I suggest captain crunch, fruit loops, pancakes but none of these seemed to interest her. Finally I ask, "Jazzy what's the matter? Hm? What's wrong?"

Suddenly she broke down crying. I brought her into my embrace, 'sh-ing' her in an attempt to sooth my sister. Being only fourteen, this could've happened for a number of reasons. Finally Jazzy said, "You didn't say goodnight like you do every night. And you didn't even say hello when you got home." I mentally slapped myself. How could I have been such a jerk? I was being selfish and thought only of my own needs. "Jazzy" I said "I'm so sorry. I know you guys really wanted to hang out. And I  know I shut everyone out last night. Truth is, I needed some alone time but then I fell asleep." I paused for breath since my voice was close to breaking. Continuing, I said "But that's no excuse for my actions. Please forgive me?"

She looked at me. Her eyes were slightly glossy with tears but still beautiful to me. A smile slowly broke out on her face as she nodded. At that she took hold of my arm, tracing my tattoos.  I laughed a genuine laugh for the first time in ages.

A/n I know it's short but it's a good start