The Pressure

*Jaz's pov*

That evening me and Justin hung out watching movies. My favorite was Moana. It was hilarious! Anyway, later on I said, "I'm done." Justin asked in response, "What's wrong hun?" I showed him this:

Seeing this, Justin folded me in a hug and started singing Cold Water to me

Seeing this, Justin folded me in a hug and started singing Cold Water to me. I cried, not even trying to stop myself. Finally Justin asked, "I know you're hurting right now sweetie but can you tell me what's wrong?" I thought for a moment. "I guess the pressure to be perfect and the pressure of being your sister. It's not your fault. But ever since I started doing music everyone's comparing me to you." I said all that in one breath. 

Justin sighed. "Jaz you need to understand, your life is normal but crazy. You're human and people tend to forget that. Just focus on your music and the people that support you and nothing else matters." I smiled, wiping my tears. "Thanks," I said, "Sometimes though, I just can't deal with it." Justin nodded understandingly.

*Later*

I was sitting on the porch, singing let it go from frozen. Tears slipped down my face. More hate. Going back inside, I took a deep breath. Taking one step then another. I went up to Justin, asking him to follow me. "What's up?" he asked. I replied, "Thanks for always being there even when it's hard." Justin smiled. "Of course sis." As usual we hugged it out.

*The next day*

*Justin's pov (ooooh!)*

Yesterday was hard on Jaz. Hate again. On the bright side she handled it well this time around. There's a saying:

Jaz needs to know this

Jaz needs to know this. My poor little sister.

*Later*

My sister was watching TV with me, snuggling up to my chest. I put my arms around her, holding her. I won't let anyone hurt you my darling, I thought looking down at Jaz's peaceful sleeping form. Once the show was over I just let Jazmyn sleep. I looked through my social media for a while, waiting for my sister to wake up. I saw so much love towards my sister. People must love her performances. That was my guess.

*5 minutes later*

Jaz finally woke up and grabbed my shirt, looking for reassurance. "I'm not going anywhere honey." I said, calming her down. She sighed contently, sitting up. Stretching, she said, "Thanks for this Justin." I shrugged, giving her a hug.

a/n thanks everyone for waiting!  💝