Chapter Twenty-Two: Epilouge

EPILOUGE

                I knew once I had walked into my house, I’d feel safe again. I wouldn’t have to worry about going to sleep at night and dying in my sleep. I wouldn’t have to worry about who was watching Ivy and Chasen.

                They had grown up into teenagers which was breathtaking; the way that they matured so quickly had amazed me. They did find out about the Hunger Games, about thirty years after it had happened, but I made them forget it. I didn’t want anything to be different because it was perfect the way it was, and the Hunger Games shouldn’t change anything, but only make us stronger. But I knew that they wouldn’t forget since it had changed their lives forever. Even if they denied it, they knew it was true.

                Ivy, like other teenage girls, began to take an interest in boys. I had come to realize that they never hated me; I just never took the time to get to become closer to them. I was so caught up in hunting, and making the family’s life better that it had gotten in the way. I closed my eyes I began to sing:

Deep in the meadow, under the willow

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes

And when again they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away

A cloak of leaves, A moonbeam ray

Forget your woes and let your troubles lay

And when again it's morning, they'll wash all away.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you.

                I watched as Ivy and Chasen began to chase after love, afraid that they’d never understand. Love is something you can’t replace. The one you love should be able to hold you down like a rock, like how I did for Peeta at the parade.

                Chasen had been taken away by the new government and sent off to war; which caused me to be even more emotional. As for Ivy, she began to fall for the perfect man; Annie’s son. We both had finally seen each other again and cried in each other arms. Both of our husbands were gone, and our children were falling in love.

                I was afraid Chasen wouldn’t come back because of how bad the war was getting, but I still had hope. Hope that even Peeta would never understand. He hadn’t lost me, I had lost him. But I knew that he was still here somehow, once I saw Chasen come back and he looked even much more like his father…

                A mockingjay had gone to the grave in the backyard every day. It sang Rue’s lullaby to it every single day, never forgetting a day or a line. It left a different kind of flower each day at the grave, soon covering the grave with flowers like Rue’s. Then, it returned to its home where it would escape its nightmares and the reality, and just imagine that everything was how it used to be.

                I am Katniss Everdeen, and I am the Mockingjay.

____________________________________________________________________________

Well, its over! it was honestly so much fun writing this whole fan-fiction. It was my first, and for some reason, I love it! Please comment about what you thought of this chapter/ the story or vote! Thank you(: