A Truth and A Lie

I tried to keep my promise to Luca. I texted him about hanging out this past week, but he never replied. I didn't know what to do, so I just continued to hang out with Charlie and my family. We went school shopping and went to get out books for the upcoming year. Now, with the start of school only a few weeks away, everyone seems to be cramming in vacations, trying to make the last of their vacation count. I couldn't say I was doing the same.

The guilt of Spiderman has weighed me down and I decided to tell Luca the truth. I planned on telling him last week, but he never responded to my texts. I grab my phone and look at Luca' s contact: text him again, or surprise visit him? One might seem annoying and the other might be overstepping. I sighed and placed my phone on my abdomen. I tapped the person next to me, getting a lazy groan in response.

"Should I text Luca again? Or should I go visit him?" I ask, wanting to know which is better from a guys point of view. Marcus shifts next to me until he's on his back facing the ceiling as well.

"Well that depends. If it's something serious, I'd go to his place. If it's just to hang out, then I'd want a text," he answer honestly and I nod my head in understanding. "Why? Is something weighing on your mind?"

"Yeah, I feel a connection to Luca, that much is true, but I also once felt that way about Peter, even if it was for a moment. At my party, I even felt that way about a dude dressed up as Spiderman. Does that mean Luca is just like any other guy? I don't know, I just feel guilty and like a cheater for kissing that Spiderman and feeling such a strong connection to him. Although, I don't have to tell Luca since he and I aren't official, but I feel like I should," I explain. I asked Charlie about this earlier and she said I should do whatever feels right. I want to do it, but at the same time, I don't want anything to change.

Marcus let's out a breath that slowly changes to a whistle as we sit in a silence for a few minutes.

"I can't tell you the truth, but I think you should tell the truth. Some people go their whole lives without telling someone they love or like the truth about situations or their feelings. It causes misunderstandings and problems in the future. If he found out years later, after you guys have been together for such a long time, that you once felt the same way for some random guy at the party and even chased after him, I'm sure he'd be angry and maybe doubt your loyalty," Marcus explained, but the way he said it, it sounded like it wasn't advice for me. I turned my head to look at him, but his eyes stayed glued to the ceiling, "All I'm saying Payton, is that I don't want either of you to get hurt, but you more so than him. The truth always comes out, I think it's better to hear it from the person than an outside source."

I nod my head in understanding because he's right. I'd hate for someone else to tell him what they saw at my party. I want him to hear it from me. I patted Marcus on the chest and got up from the floor. I looked down at him with a smile on my face.

"Mind telling me where he lives so I can go pay him a visit?" I ask and Marcus smiles softly at me.

"Sure thang, sweet bang," he answer as he gets up and writes the apartment complex on a piece of paper.

The previous school was a boarding school, so dorms were provided, but not at this academy. Families couldn't make the big move, so the school helped pay for a whole unit at an apartment complex to serve as their dorms. The friendly Moore's decided to help provide the apartment complex for a much cheaper price since we own it. I never really thought about where they were staying before, I always just assumed it was at the hotel we first met at, but apparently hotels aren't made for staying at for more than a few months. The apartment complex isn't too far from our house, but it was still far enough to take an hour walking time. I walked until I got into one of the main roads to hail a taxi. I took the taxi the rest of the way.