Road Trip

It's been a month since the accident and it's time for the regional championship show. All the rodeos we've been going to have been building for this. Colton and I have both qualified for regionals and if we place fifth or higher we qualify for state. The show is three days long and all the way in Napa County, 3 hours away. We had everything ready we just had to load the horses in the LQ Trailer. We decided to take some of our trainees for some time onlys to show them off to potential buyers. The trailer was a six horse so after loading our competitive horses we could each bring two colts. We decided to bring the best looking and best trained. I decided to bring Hope and Silver while Colton decided on Red and Brandy. We loaded up and were on the road. Four hours later we were at the rodeo grounds with our stalls set up and signed in with our numbers. We saddled our horses and went to warm up. It was eight and the rodeo started at nine so we needed to warm up the horses. We worked Ember and Taz's muscles out then got on the colts. We went through our normal training before we got the ropes out and just swung them around. We moved Em and Taz again before the rodeo began with a bang. Quite literally the fire works were amazing. It's a good thing the horses were all desensitized. After the opening ceremony came the flag runners. "Does your horse carry flags?!" This guy asked me hurriedly. "Yes!" "Would you please take this flag around?" "Most definitely!" "Ok just run around following the American flag." He handed me the State flag and I headed for the gate. The American flag took off and they sent me in after. Ember and I ran around the arena to the American anthem then followed the American flag in a spiral to the center. We walked out after the anthem and I joined Colton by the trailer. "Let's get all of our roping contestants out here!" We we're all called into the arena by name and horse. "First we'll start with our breakaway, followed by tie down and team roping." We lined up at the shoot and waited for our run. Colton went in on Taz. "Colton Williams riding Tasmanian Devil." He backed in and took off for the cow after the shoot opened. "Colton that was a 3.142. Next up is Cassidy riding Hope." Hope and I got 5.100s pretty good for a newbie. After a few more riders we rode our other horses. Ember got first with 2.897s, a hella fast time! Colton got first in men's roping on Taz. We did our other roping events and got some really good placings, so far we are both in first overall for roping. We went through single stake, I got first in ladies on Ember, the other horses can only do time onlys because they don't qualify for regionals. Colton won on Taz as well. Next we had pole bending. We went down the side and turned the pole weaving back and forth close enough that if I didn't pull my boot in my stirrup would hit the pole. We turned and weaved back before running full speed back to the timers. Lastly we had barrels, Colton wasn't doing this so I was riding five horses. I rode Silver, then Hope, followed by Red, and finally Brandy in time onlys. Silver got 23.571s, Hope ran 25.268s, Red with cutting bloodlines he possess ran 21.774s, and lastly Brandy had to slow canter the pattern to actually turn due to her being trained as a roper. Now was time for Ember and I to compete. My competition so far is an 18.339s and an 18.495s run, not too tough. We walked to the top of the shoot, closest part to the pattern, and took off from a standstill. "Ooh, she started running later in the shoot, that might loose her some time." Ha not for Em! "She's runnin for the first barrel, cutting it close she taps the barrel but it doesn't slow her down. She's bearin down on the second can, turning tight and shooting out for number three. She taps the third but she trusts it running home without a second glance. That tap didn't slow her or her horses roll, as it...is...up! She kept it up! That's a solid run with no penalties and Cassidy I just wanna tell you...you just broke an all time Regionals record!" The crowd cheered as I looked back at my time to see a 15.432! The old record was set by Sherry Cervi and Stingray! And her time was 15.999! They calculated the All around Cowboy/girl then called for any Rodeo Queen Contestants. "We will be holding our Rodeo Queen Competitions after each show starting in fours will be the first one." Said the announcer.

"Colton I really wanna do Rodeo Queen!" I pouted. "Okay let's go get you some stuff for it!" He said excitedly. "I promise to pay you back!" I replied. "Nope this is on me!" I thanked him multiple times after that! We went to a store and bought a shirt, chinks, boots, new diamond browband, and a saddle pad. I have a blinged out bridle and brestcollar and then we did up Ember's mane and tail.

 I have a blinged out bridle and brestcollar and then we did up Ember's mane and tail

I left my hair and make up natural with only mascara and a light pink lipstick. I sat my black felt hat atop my head then placed my hat tiara on it and went to hop on Ember. We went through the competition and got our points, we won't know where we are standing until the last day.