Chapter 6 (Edited)

HER POV...

"Shit!" I rushed behind a nearby bench, placing my bad on the dirty ground of wet grass. The voice of deep laughter filled my ears as the group of jocks walked through the bench I was hiding behind. "Please don't notice me. Please don't notice me." I silently prayed, keeping a close eye on the jerk of the group aka the guy I was trying to avoid.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw a light brown haired guy from the group glance my way suspiciously. I held in my breath, feeling like I was in one of those horror movies. I clasped a hand over my mouth to stop any sound escaping through it. Because of course, I was very bad at being quiet.

I remembered how to breathe when the guy just shrugged and walked on with his bros. I stayed in that position until the boys had vanished from my sight. I didn't want the jerk to even have a glimpse of me after what he did yesterday.

"Romma?"

My head snapped towards the voice. My eyes widened and I blushed a deep crimson as soon as I realised who I was looking at. "W-Waqqar?" I quickly stood up, slamming my knee against the backrest of the bench in the process. Pain quickly shot up my leg and I let out a cry of pain. "Ouuchh!!!" My hands automatically reached for the bruised area and it felt as if jumping up and down would reduce the pain.

"Oh God it hurts!" I had to let it out somehow.

"Are you alright?" He leaned in a little, of course keeping his distance. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. He wore a concerned expression and it was obviously genuine. "I'll manage." I replied. Having Waqqar help me out was the last thing I'd ever want.

"You sure?" He asked for confirmation. Of course he did. It was a part of being respectful and decent. I nodded. "Hundred percent." I gave him a thumbs up which didn't match my pained expression. "Well, if you do insist, I'll leave you at it." He said, straightening his posture.

"I just had to ask, what were you doing there?" He slid the strap of his bag over his shoulder, looking down at me. I frowned at him. "No offence but it's none of your business." I replied, blowing at my injury. My knee had turned a reddish purplish colour and it looked ugly. "Of course, none taken." Waqqar simply said, not affected in the least.

He turned his back towards me and made his way to the college building. I looked after him as he walked away. I stood up, ignoring the pain because it had subsided and I didn't have a problem walking on my own. The only problem was the ugly bruise peeking from under my beautiful and fancy skirt. I tried to hide it but it would show off it's presence every time the wind blew.

"You okay, Romma?" Lucy was the first to notice it in class. I nodded. "Yeah, just slammed my knee against a metal bench. No big deal." It was almost sarcastic but I knew it wasn't a big deal. "Oh, that must've been painful." Amy remarked. I nodded. "It was."

The door opened, not turning many heads because students were arriving. But I, on the other hand quickly looked away. "Oh God." I covered my face from the side with my hand and ducked a little. "Kyle's looking handsome as usual." And someone just had to say that. I shot Stacy a look. "What? He is your boyfriend." She shrugged at me. I rolled my eyes at that statement.

"Well not anymore." It sounded more like an announcement.

That made all three of my friends look at me. "Wait, what?" Stacy blinked twice. "When?!" Lucy followed her sister. Amy just encouraged me to spill with her eyes. I put my head on the table. "It just happened. We had an argument and poof! We broke up." My explanation wasn't satisfying at all but they understood I didn't want to talk about it.

"Anyway, what're you wearing to the party?" Lucy tried to lighten up the mood and the mention of a party did wonders. I sat up straight. "A party? Where? When?" I looked at her for answers. "You didn't hear?" Amy questioned in disbelief. I shook my head. "It's on Wednesday. The college's throwing it." Stacy answered. I nodded excitedly before realisation dawned upon me.

"The game's on Wednesday. What about that?" I asked. "They better not cancel it. We've been working our butts off the whole month for this!" I warned. "Oh don't worry, it's on Saturday. The kids wanted to have some fun before big game." Stacy told me. I smiled brightly.

"Then I'm up for it!" I pumped my fist in the air. "And I've got the perfect dress too." I recalled the moment when I opened my closet and a black dress I had forgot that existed, fell out. It was brand new and I couldn't believe that I had forgotten such a beautiful dress.

A thought crossed my mind and I quickly waved it off.

Was Waqqar coming?