Chapter 35

HIS POV:

I had thought I would be free if I finished all my packing yesterday but, clearly, I was wrong. Harry ran away from packing up the tents saying he had to meet up with a few friends.

I sighed and continued with the tent. It was hard since I had no experience. I tried several ways to get it done but it just wouldn't budge. It was hard at first but I got a hang of it soon. "Can I help?" I heard a heavy voice ask behind me. I turned around and frowned as I saw the familiar face. I knew I had seen him before.

Images of Romma's and this guy filled my mind. Then it clicked me. This was Romma's last boyfriend. Kyle, was it? "Oh yeah, thanks." I smiled gratefully. He got hold of one end of the tent and started working on it. "So, how's it going?" He asked out of nowhere. I nodded. "Good, good. What about you?" I replied. He shrugged in response. "The same as usual."

A few minutes passed after our little conversation when Kyle spoke up again. "So," he started. "You and Romma are getting really warm and fuzzy with each other these days."

I halted in my fumbling. I turned towards him with a frown. "Well, it's true in a way but certainly not the way you're implying." I clarified. He humphed. "As if. We all know it's more than that. Everyone's talking about it." He denied. I frowned, shaking my head in  disbelief. This was bad. No one should  be getting the impression that Romma and I are, well, a 'thing'. "No, no. I assure you it's not like that."

"Come on. It's obvious the way you look at her and she looks at you." Kyle folded his arms over his chest as if challenging me to answer his question. "I don't look at her like that!" I defended. He shrugged. "Well, she certainly does." He stated in monotone. I just cocked an eyebrow at him. I really didn't have an answer for that.

"Here's some advice," he spoke again, standing up with his hands in his pockets. "Romma isn't a good match for a guy like you."

I got defensive

I got defensive. "How? You never know." I responded, curling my hand into a fist. He smirked. "She never stays with a guy too long. It may seem she's interested in you but it's only temporary." He said. "I should know." He added.
I wasn't really sure why he was telling me this. He may or may not be just giving out random advice from his own experience (Romma HAD dumped him) but he wasn't getting to me. I wasn't him.

I shot him a wry smile, making him scowl.

"Thanks, but I'll take my chances."

HER POV:

"I tell you! The weather up here is AWESOME!" Lucy said in a singsong voice. I laughed. "Yup! That's true." Iris joined in. Maria and Stacy were lagging behind. Both of them were such slowpokes.

We were taking a tour of the town festival. Visiting different shops and restaurants. This place was great. We even saw some traditional Canadian shops. It reminded me of my childhood when I first came here. Some girls were dressed in traditional Canadian clothing. "Why don't we go and see the fireworks over the top of that hill?" Iris suggested. My eyes widened with excitement and I pumped my fist into the air. "I'm up for it! I love climbing!!" I was delighted. One, we had to CLIMB up there. Second, we would see the fireworks.