Ch 16 - Enemies and Allies

"I suggest we head back to HQ. Besides having access to better tracking tech there, I'm pretty sure Silver has a mission for us by now," Nigel suggested.

"And what do the rest of us do since we can't exactly come with you?" my brother asked.

I shot Franco a look and he nodded, sighing. "Anyone who isn't welcome at Cypher Headquarters will stay at my place while the Cypher people do what they need to."

"So that's Storm, Nick, Jayme, Thales, Carter, Winter and myself?" Drayfus asked. Winter had arrived an hour ago.

"Pretty much. Speaking of which, where's Storm?" Nick asked.

"She headed out for some air after Nadia said something that angered her," Kenya informed.

"Why do you insist on causing trouble?" Jayme asked Nadia.

Nadia rolled her eyes. "I didn't even say anything offensive. I just wanted to know why Nigel was avoiding her."

"Why are you avoiding her?" Carter asked him.

"I don't know what to say to her. The last time we spoke, she made it very clear that she was sick and tired of me wanting to help her and that I should leave her alone," Nigel replied.

"You do know that she didn't mean it right?" Kenya asked him.

He sighed. "With Storm I never know."

I didn't blame him. I've come across many different personalities in my life, but I am yet to come across one like Storm's. She's probably the most complicated person I know, and the even sadder part is that I genuinely think that not even she knows who she is or what she wants out of life.

I don't know what her relationship with blossom is truly about, but from what I've gathered from Carter, the four of them, with Winter included, go way back. A part of me really wishes we could have an accurate layout of blossom's life.

I'm getting anxious from all these plot holes and misguided information.

"Has anyone alerted Silver that we're coming?" Malachi asked.

"I've just called Karr now. Silver's been in the vault for two days now, but he said he'd pass on the message. We'll just have to see when we get there," Mordecai informed.

"We're leaving in thirty minutes, so everyone get ready," I told them.

They all agreed and started packing away their stuff while I headed to my room to change. The pain from my wound was giving me one hell of a headache, but I refused to let it stop me from going after blossom. I was looking for the pain killers when Aziel walked into the room.

"Here you are. I found them in my bag with a note from Elle. She asked that I take care of you," he said, handing me the bottle.

"How did she manage to leave without being seen?" I questioned.

"Honestly, I think we were all too focused on trying to understand the new information on the drive. Speaking of which, how are you feeling?" he asked.

"You mean after finding out that she's tried to kill me multiple times before?" I asked, to which he nodded.

"I don't know if we're being honest. I think the hardest part for me is understanding why she didn't succeed. Something tells me that if she really wanted me dead, I would be," I replied.

He raised an eyebrow. "You think she's been protecting you?"

"I don't know. She first tried to kill me when I was eleven, which is eight years ago. I didn't know her then, and still I believe that if she wanted me dead, I would be. Something just doesn't add up here," I told him.