Chapter 5

(josh's POV/third person POV)

Josh turned off his phone with a laugh, getting up off of his bed and going into the bathroom. Tyler coming over meant that everything had to look perfect, including himself if that was possible.

Josh really liked Tyler. he was so cute and shy and perfect. God, he was so perfect. and he was so timid when he had first met Josh. now it had only been one day but he had seemed to already warm up to Josh so much, and it made Josh want to melt.

Josh studied his face in the mirror. he looked okay, but not nearly as Tyler did all the time. he was wearing the same shirt as he had worn earlier. should he change it? he decided yes and went into his closet and picked out a loose gray shirt. shirts that were too tight made him somewhat uncomfortable.

he kept the jeans on though. his jeans being tight would probably come in handy later on.

Josh went back into the bathroom. his hair was fading a little. so he went back into his room and grabbed a random snapback from his endless supply and pulled it onto his head, covering the majority of his red hair.

Josh looked in the mirror one last time and then went downstairs to simply wait. he didn't want anyone else answering the door when Tyler came. his mom had already teased him when he asked if Tyler could come over, saying that she would ask him to eat dinner with them at the table. but Josh convinced her to order pizza for them so that they could take it upstairs and not be disturbed. Josh didn't mind having pizza again. and he noticed that Tyler didn't even eat anything at lunch.

Josh hoped Tyler was okay. Tyler was too beautiful to deserve to be hurting in any way. just the mere thought of Tyler bearing any physical or emotional pain made his heart ache. Josh decided that he was going to try to be there for Tyler, no matter what. he'd only met Tyler yesterday, but he wanted to spend every moment he had with the small boy. there was that time at the lake but Tyler didn't know it was him. thank God for that. Josh wasn't very good at expressing his emotions, but he was glad that he hadn't seemed to have scared Tyler away.

he daydreamed about Tyler some more, but then was interrupted by his phone going off, vibrating in his pocket. Josh's heart jumped. was Tyler here? he turned on his phone, the lockscreen glowing.

Tyler: imessage

Josh smiled and opened the message.

Tyler: wow ur house is actually really close to mine

Josh: omg are u here

Tyler: yeah

Josh: lmao then knock on the door

Tyler: oh yeah

Josh giggled but then immediately stopped, remembering that Tyler was right outside the door and could hear him. when Tyler knocked, softly tapping at his wooden door, Josh's heart sped up, and he opened the door.

Tyler was standing there, his right leg bouncing up and down and his hands in his pockets. his cheeks were flushed, he must have been cold.

Josh briefly though about how amazing it would be to cuddle with Tyler, to hold the small boy in his arms and softly litter his neck with kisses.

"hey," Tyler said with a small smile.

"hey!" Josh said. "uh, did you...get here okay?" what a dumb question. Josh, you idiot.

"yeah," Tyler replied.

Josh thanked the heavens for his tight pants, because Tyler's voice was low and gravelly and it was fucking hot.