Chapter 25

I led the revolution in my bedroom and I set all the zippers free.
We said, "No more war, no more clothes!
Give me peace.
Oh kiss me!"

Hey! Hey! We are a hurricane!
Drop our anchors in a storm.
Hey! They will never be the same,
A fire in a flask to keep us warm.
Cause they know, I know
That they don't look like me.
Oh, they know, I know
That they don't sound like me. - Song up there ⬆

"are you actually serious?"

Tyler held up a pack of condoms and a bottle of lube gingerly, blushing. Adam cackled behind them as he read the card that was attached to them out loud.

happy birthday, tylenol! i hope you like my gift! and don't be too loud coz we'll all be able to hear you

-Adam+Carl

"oh my God, Adam and Carl, I" Josh groaned. "that's messed up and you know it."

"and you need this shit you know it," Adam retorted. "so you're welcome." he smirked at Tyler and made gestures with his fingers. Tyler wished he could unsee them.

they'd been at Carl's house for a while now, where they had apparently secretly stashed presents that everyone had bought for Tyler.

Tyler was beyond surprised to the point where he felt like crying. what did he do to deserve these guys? and Josh? it was so generous of them.

Carl had given him the money for the shopping spree, but he'd also already bought Tyler a Panic! At the Disco shirt and a To Werid to Live, To Rare to Die CD, so he gave it to him and tyler was very grateful. he said he would wear the shirt to school the following monday in his honor.

Ian had gotten him a stuffed frog, which Tyler thought was extremely cute and he squeezed it fondly, and then gave Ian a hug. Ian said that he hadn't really known what to get Tyler, so he just ended up giving him the frog, but Tyler said it was perfect. and it was.

Alex and Devin had combined their money to get tyler a pretty nice jacket, in his favorite color, black. it was really comfortable when he put it on and Tyler was almost tempted to keep it on for the rest of the night, but grudgingly decided against it.

last but not least, were Chris and Josh, who had agreed to combine their money and buy something special.

when they handed Tyler the box, he noticed that it was oddly shaped. even still, he was not expecting what was inside.

it was a ukulele.

he immediately couldn't stop smiling. it was the perfect little instrument, so small and cute and tiny. when he said this out loud, Josh grinned and said, "like you, then," and everyone groaned and rolled their eyes but Tyler giggled.

apparently it was Josh's idea. he knew that Tyler liked music, and he liked to sing, even though he was shy about it. he figured that he would like a ukulele and that it would encourage him to sing more if it wasn't just his voice alone.

after giving Chris a big hug and thanking him earnestly, he got up and hugged Josh too, and then kissed him happily. they would've kept going, too, if it weren't for Carl clearing his throat loudly behind them.

"alright alright," he said. "we should order the pizza now."

"yay!" Tyler cheered. Josh smiled at him, he was getting hyper now.

"and are you staying over, or..." Carl waved his hand around at the general direction of the hallway. "cause y'know, there are rooms."

"i think so?" Josh raised an eyebrow at Tyler. Tyler nodded.