Chapter 15

"Tyler, what's wrong?" Josh sat down on the bed next to his drunk boyfriend and put a hand on his forehead. "why'd you drink so much?"

"uhhhh..." Tyler rolled over, his face buried in the pillows. Josh rubbed his back soothingly. "i was jus' lonely i guess," he said tiredly. "i'm...sorry," he repeated.

"babe, you didn't do anything wrong," Josh told him. "if anything, i did. i promised i wouldn't leave you alone."

"yeah, but i can't keep you from going to the bathroom..." Tyler chuckled and then groaned, covering his head with the pillow.

"can i go t'sleep? i don' feel very good," he sighed.

"of course, Ty." Josh leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead.

Josh rubbed Tyler's back until he fell asleep, then he went silently left to go find Carl again.

he found him with Ian and everyone else in the kitchen. they were all standing around worriedly. they all looked up when Josh entered.

"hey Josh, is Tyler okay?" Ian said with a concerned expression on his face.

"yeah, he's alright," Josh answered. "he's upstairs, sleeping."

"but how'd he even get drunk?" Chris piped up quietly.

"he drank some shots from the counter," Josh sighed. "it was my fault, really. i shouldn't have left him."

"psh, nothing's your fault," Alex tried to assure him.

"oh, so you're saying it's Tyler's fault?" Josh looked at him defensively.

"no, dude chill. i'm just saying that-"

"that it's Tyler's fault," Josh cut him off. "yeah, whatever man. i get it." Josh pushed past Alex and started to make his way back to the room where Tyler was sleeping.

he went inside quietly and went over to the side of the bed where his boyfriend was, curled up lazily among the silk sheets. of course Carl's family had fucking silk sheets. of course they did.

he stroked Tyler's dark brown hair mindlessly, watching his chest rise and fall as he slept. he watched him for a few minutes, then got up and started pacing back and forth, not sure what else to do.

Josh was startled when he heard Tyler's soft voice break the silence that had settled in the room.

"Josh?"

Josh stopped pacing and looked over at Tyler, who was sitting up in bed, all wrapped up in the frickin silk sheets and looking at Josh curiously. God, he was adorable.

"hey, cutie." Josh sat on the edge of the bed. "feelin' okay?"

Tyler shugged and stared down at his hands. "yeah, i guess. getting drunk is...not that cool," he said.

"yeah," Josh agreed. "you didn't sleep that much, though. you sure you don't wanna go back to sleep? i'm right here."

Tyler smiled a little but shrugged again. "eh, 'm okay. not really tired."

"okay..." there was awkward silence. Tyler just sat in bed and stared at his hands, while Josh sat on the edge of the bed and stared at his feet.

"so where's everyone else at?" Tyler asked, breaking the silence again.

"uh, i'm not really sure." Josh moved up and sat cross legged on the bed. "there are still a ton of people here though."

"cool..." Tyler trailed off. "can we go back out?"

Josh looked surprised. "you sure?"

"yeah," Tyler nodded, then shook his head. "ow."

"that a no or a yes?"