1: The Mighty Fall

(Vivii's POV)

Did you trip down twelve steps?

I remembered when I first met the guy I'd never known I could call my friend. He was the 'wierd kid', as in he had tawny hair and the lightest blue eyes in the world.

In the middle go oo oo

We were seven or so. My hair was braided back into a French braid and little tomboy me was wearing kids ripped jeans and a vintage shirt that my older brother gave me.

Why hell is there a liar that's keeping us forever

"I'm Aubry," I muffled the name, I was a shy child. I wasn't happy kid either - my mom was sick with some meanie disorder. One moment she was sweet as candy the other moment she was upset. We didn't know until she died she had a tumour across a part of her brain and she had mood swings due to it.

Baby did you get dressed up for the pretty part?

"Josh," he said almost quietly. He was the wierd kid. Band shirts and ripped jeans. He had kid converse on. He had usually not a smile on his face but a thin line. He did smile sometimes.

"Are you bluey?" I asked. Josh shook his head, his dark hair falling all over. He did have the bluest eyes ever.

"I'm sad all the time, my mommie says so." Josh had stared at his feet at this point.

"I'll cheer you up then. My mommy always says to suck it up and smile. Everyone loves a smile." I said.

Josh tried to smile but shook his head. "Vivii, I can't do that."

"My name is Aubry." I said. "I have a cousin named Pete and a fraternal twin brother named Adam." I only could say that clearly.

Josh didn't understand. He wasn't a mature six year old even though he was depressed. He told me when we were older what happened when I moved away for four years. I moved away until I started high school.

Then chemicals are keeping us together

I haven't seen my best friend since graduation and even then he denied knowing me. "I don't fucking care, you aren't someone I know anymore." Was his exact words. Josh was bitter and I found out later it was due to a mood swing due to withdrawal he snapped at me.

Josh was always kinda pissy ever since I came back. But he was a decent person. Except for the fact he had all his 'issues', which is code for his addiction and other problems. I'd seen him look more down than any. I saw him go through a lot of shit and for him to blatantly reject he knew me hurt. He was my childhood best friend for a year and I believe that was me moving away that hurt him.

Singing whoa how the mighty fall

Josh and me were the closest friends, and him rejecting me still hurts to this day. He rejected me as a friend.

Is love just a pyramid scheme?