5: America's Suitehearts

(Vivii's POV)

It wasn't really eventful, except for the fact I heard knocking at two am the next day. I stirred and got up, very grouchy and angry.

I opened the door and was immediately engulfed by a hug from my cousin. "Hey Vivii," Pete said. Now he's taller than me and has tattoos.

"Hey Pete." I said and looked at him. Holy shit, I hadn't seen the dude in two years. Plus this crazy fuck had a child on the way.

(For the sake of the story pretend Bronx was born BEFORE Pete and Ashlee were married. There's really cute ideas I have and I've decided to change the ending a little.)

"I'm surprised you have zero tattoos." Pete shrugged, walking into the apartment. "Where's little Nicky?" Nic and Pete got along and he'd even tried once to teach her bass guitar. She only allowed him to call her Nicky.

"Dad's house. She's probably coming tonight. This isn't my place so don't go raid the alcohol." I shrugged.

"Does little Aub have a boyfriend I need to know about?" Pete chuckled and looked at me. He had the darkest eyes and hair and people didn't believe we were actually legitimate cousins. We are actually, my dad's older sister married and Pete's my only male cousin on my dad's side. He's like a older brother to me.

"Don't call me Aubry." I added, "and I don't have a boyfriend. Josh's girlfriend suggested I stay here for the long weekend. I'm leaving soon to go get Nic." I said and pushed my bangs out of my eyes. I was considering going blonde or maybe doing something cool to my hair hit I didn't have the time. Black and purple was easy to keep up.

"You DO know you can go to any show in the area and I'll put you in the guest list. Don't bring a whole whack of people." Pete added. "Why don't you bring Josh and his girlfriend?" Pete had never met Josh - he just hadn't ever met Josh.

"I could ask him. Don't hang out here. Maybe we can go to my house or some shit." I said. Just an innocent weekend with Josh goofing around and watching movies and doing silly stupid shit.

Pete noticed something on the wall. It was one of Josh's guitars, a see through one. "That's pretty cool," Pete said. "I'm guessing that's custom made."

"I don't know much about his 'babies' aka his guitars. He has a hell of a lot of them and he keeps getting more according to Amanda." I said, and Pete chuckled.

"Well maybe he wouldn't mind a signed one." Pete laughed. "I've got quite he collection of guitars and it'd be cool."

Suddenly I heard knocking at the front door. Josh had fine into the studio at midnight after getting a sudden song idea. I went to the doorway and saw Josh.

"Hey Viviii," Josh said. His hair was vibrant black and blue and really cool looking. I'd given him a heads up about my cousin hanging around. "Holy shit, hi," Josh was almost nearly quiet when he recognized my cousin. The whole the fact my cousin is the bassist for a huge group thing happened.

I just laughed. "Even a Canadian rockstar gets starstruck." I introduced them. Josh was acting kinda nervous and quiet and I felt kinda bad introducing them when Josh needed some sleep.

"I'm gonna stay with Viv for a few days after the show," Pete revealed. He was talking to Josh and I swear to god if he makes one more music reference.. Those two just did some bro thing over music - similar music taste. Tattoo explanations - visible ones.

"I have an idea," Josh said. "Vivii, I will give you a chance to help out in set at a music video if you do this one little thing for me. I want you to get a tattoo."

"I second that motion." Pete chuckled. "Come on, Vivii. Do it for that awesome opportunity. I'll up the stakes and give you a signed guitar."

It turned into this whole what were they gonna do to get me to get a tattoo then the conversation went AWOL.