Hallelujah

Pulling up to the driveway I see my mom and dad in the window. They're sitting in the living room waiting for us. I turn off the engine and music. Before I can look back at him, Mikey is out of the car and going inside the house. I look over at Frank who is picking his bookbag up off the floor.

"I must warn you, my parents can be pretty harsh so just watch out. And I apologize for anything they say." I mean this. They may make rude comments to Frank or say something inappropriate so I want to forewarn him of it. He nods and steps out of the van.

I get out and close my door. I look to my right where Frank is. He is standing still, observing my house. It's two stories, including the attick, and is a dirty white color. It's kind of ugly but it's a house all the same.

I turn to face the door and start walking towards it with Frank following me. I enter to see my mom standing up and dad and Mikey on the couch.

"Hey honey, oh is this your friend Mikey?" She turns from me to Mikey and he looks up from his phone. I facepalm myself because of the fact that my mom assumes it's impossible for me to have a friend. Of course, it must be Mikey's. He's the only one capable of making a friend.

"No mom, Gee caught this one." Mikey says smirking.

Caught this one? Christ Mikey.

I want to tear my skin off.

"Oh Gee how wonderful, hi, what's your name?"

Kill me.

"It's Frank Iero, you have a beautiful home Mrs. Way."

Damn Frank, I see you, pulling out those manners. It's actually really cute.

No it's not.

"Oh thank you Frank, and please call me Donna."

So far so good.

I look back at Frank who is behind me slightly. He nods and then looks at me. Still smiling.

I look at my dad who hasn't said a word. He just glares as Frank the whole time. He is scanning him. From top to bottem.

Mikey gets up and walks to his room. "See ya Tofu." Fuck Mikey.

I look to mom and she is clearly confused. "Who's Tofu?"

"Yeah Gerard, who's Tofu?" Asks Frank from behind me. He says it in a smartass way. I look back at him and glare. I turn back to mom who is still waiting for an answer.

"Okay, well Frank and I are going to go to my room now." I start to walk away and Frank follows.

"Have fun sweetie!" I hear mom say and I'm about to punch a wall.

I hear Frank chuckle and whisper, "We will."

I don't think he knows I heard that.

What does that mean?

Nothing just open your door.

I open my door at the end of the hall and throw my bookbag down. I take my shoes off with my feet and kick them to my closet door.

This place is a mess because Mikey was ravishing through it this morning. Great.

I turn around as he walks through the door and closes it behind him without turning.

"You can put your bag anywhere." I say.

He puts it next to mine and looks immediately at my covered walls.

"I love it." He says still scanning my room.

"Oh, thanks." I smile to myself and look at him while he takes everything in. He looks so focused on my walls. He probably like all the same bands I do and that's why he loves it.