New Perspective

Once again, I am awakened with a warm body underneath me.

Except this time we're more intertwined and my body is mostly on top of his.

I open my eyes to his face right next to mine. My arms are stretched out and his head is between them. His arms are wrapped around my waist, pressing my chest to his. My breathing is matching his. His body is warm and it matches mine well. I feel so safe.

He twitches a little and opens his eyes.

"Hey there." His voice is raspy and he starts rubbing my back.

"Hi." I smile at him.

He kisses me and it's short and sweet. My lips are still swollen but I don't care.

"What time is it?" He closes his eyes and sighs.

"Uh, I don't know, but we need to get Mikey at 3:10." I reach over to my phone on my bedside table.

Shit.

"Dammit, it's already three, we need to go." I lift myself off of Frank and my feet meet the cold floor. "Come on, we got to go." I say yawning and stretching.

"Babe, your hair, it's fucking awesome." Frank says yawning and I turn around to see him sitting up.

Oh right.

I look in the mirror in my closet and the first thing I notice is the abundance of marks on my neck. "Oh shit, Frank, look what you did." I say laughing. It literally looks like someone took a hammer to my neck. Frank appears behind me in the mirror and bursts out in laughter.

"Holy shit! I did that!" He continues laughing and I think this is the first time I've heard him seriously laugh. It's adorable.

"Good Lord, how many is that?" I start touching them and they're sore.

Frank controls himself and comes to my side. I watch him in the mirror as he inspects my neck on both sides.

I watch him as he silently counts the marka on my neck. Looking in the mirror, I see my hair does look pretty wicked.

"Six, and... " He looks down my shirt. "And three on your collar bone. I'm quite proud of myself." He smiles at me though the mirror.

Nine.

Oh my God.

"Damn, I must honestly say that I'm proud of you too." I turn over to him and give him a kiss. "And great job on the hair, but we need to go now." I put on my shoes and grab my keys. Looking over at Frank I see him putting on his shirt. "You're really attractive." I say to him bluntly. He pulls his shirt over his face and adjusts himself in it. Looking at me, he smiles and I watch as he makes his way towards me. Putting his hand on my cheek, he pulls me into a kiss. I kiss him back and we almost get lost in it until my phone rings. I break away and reach down in my pocket to answer it.

"Hey, where are you?" SHIT, it's Mikey.

"Oh, yeah, sorry, um, we over slept." I look to Frank who is grinning and rocking back and forth.

"Well, when are you going to be here?"

"Um, twenty minutes, see you soon." I hang up and turn to the door. I open it, looking to see if my dad is around. He's not in the hallway. I walk out the door and Frank follows.

I walk into the living room to see my mom sitting on the couch. Shit, shit, shit, shit.

"Oh hey honey, what are you doing home?" She gets off the couch and walks to me.