The Love Club

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" the sound of Frank's voice echos through my head.

"Not at all," I admit while placing my guitar in its stand.

"You have nothing to worry about, we have this down perfectly now," his eyes are convincing as I look into them.

We have been practicing since we got home and it's almost one in the morning. Its not tomorrow until i go to sleep and wake up though. Mom and Dad had left earlier today to go to a convention in Denver, so there were no noise complaints. They won't be back till monday.

Frank is right though, his sweat covered self makes a good point. We have rehearsed the song perfectly for the last hour. But I'm still nervous as hell.

"We may, but that doesn't mean everything will go perfectly," I pass him to put up the mic.

"If it doesn't go perfectly then that's fine, it's not like everyone in our class is a music God. No one is going to be expecting anyone else to be amazing." I hear him get closer to me.

"You're right, but, I just... don't want to screw up and ruin it for you guys," I turn around to see him unfold his arms and pull me into a hug.

"You're not going to screw up, and you're not going to ruin anything," he whispers and I hug him back.

I just want tomorrow to be over with.

"Yo, love birds, I'm going to bed," Mikey announces and we seperate.

"Okay, are you ready for tomorrow?" I ask him, stepping closer.

He stretches and yawns, "By tomorrow do you mean today?" His arms fall to his sides.

God Mikey does it matter?

"Answer the damn question," I snap and he raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm ready, my fingers are all beautifully coalesced for the occasion." He puts his hand up to his face, inspecting the marks on his fingers.

"Yeah, same," Franks sighs and I glance to see him holding up his hands like Mikey.

"What about you Gee?" Mikey puts down his hands and gives me a knowing look.

He knows I'm nervous as hell I don't know why he must ask.

"Freaking out on the inside, but let's not talk about that, go to bed." I turn around and start turning off all the amps.

"Okay mom," he replies and I hear him start to walk towards the door.

"Night Mikey," Frank says while yawning.

"Night sexy eyes," Mikey walks down the steps and I hear the door slam.

Mikey when will you be done with that?

"You still haven't told me the story behind sexy eyes," Frank comes to the realization and I complete turning off the amps and look to him.

Shit.

"Do you really want to know?" I smirk and he nods.

"It sounds like an interesting story," he walks towards me and I look to the floor.

We sit on the ground for a good thirty minutes while I explain sexy eyes and also tofu when that came up. He doesn't stop laughing at the reasons behind them and makes sexual innuendos throughout the whole conversation. We end up trailing off the subject and start talking about childhood memories.

Yes, we go from sexual innuendos to stories about us as children.

It's so weird, his past seems so normal, and happy. He speaks so highly of his parents and then I watch as he remembers what they said to him when he came out. All the smiles and laughter goes away and the room grows cold.