Chapter Three: Explaining & Escaping the Bunker

One year ago

"Yes, Indra. I understand." Octavia sighed. "But Skikru are the only ones who understand that technology so there is no reason for anyone else to be in there!"
"We are onekru. We follow you. You told us we are equal. Should we not be allowed the same places?"
"The only people allowed in there are people with the ID cards! I'm not even allowed in there!"
"I guess I should have expected this from a leader who hid in her conclave." Indra spat and started walking off.
"Indra!" Octavia stood from her chair, angrily. Indra faced her, apologetically.
"I'm sorry." She sighed and left.

What happened next, no one could have predicted. That same conversation being played for everyone to hear. Onekru turned on Octavia, saying she was a coward- no leader if she hid during the conclave. And there, Octavia lost all control of the bunker.

2,201 Days since Primfaya

Octavia slept soundly on top of a desk in a private room where she thought it'd be safe. That was till she sensed someone enter the room. She kept still with her eyes shut until the presence got to be right behind her. She was laying away from it, on her side. As soon as she felt it stop behind her, she whipped out her sword and felt it clash with another, confirming she was not safe. She kicked the figure away and rolled off the desk to the side opposite of her potential killer. The figure came closer, backing her into a corner. With nothing else she could do, she attacked. With in moments, she got a cut on her leg, shoulder and temple but ultimately ran the figure through with her sword and let him drop dead. She sighed and walked out to see the guards that were supposed to protect her were dead. She got her radio.
"Indra?" She spoke. "Indra, do you copy?"
"Yes. Why? Did something happen?"
"You can say that." Octavia sighed.
"Come to the entrance anyway. I think we finally figured out how to lock the doors."
"Indra, I can't leave these people."
"These people want you and everyone who stands with you dead. Just get here, and do it quickly."
"Yes, Indra." Octavia said and started making her way, getting her cloak and trying to sheild her face.

Octavia moved as quick as she could to the bunker entrance without being seen. Quickly, she got to the door and was let in by Indra to the stairs that would take them above ground. She was immediately greeted by Kane.
"No one saw you, did they?" He asked worriedly.
"No." She shook her head then looked to see Abby sitting in a corner. "How is she holding up?" She asked. Kane looked at Abby, then up at Octavia with dread.
"She's alive." He concluded, communicating her condition wasn't good.
"How are we doing with the door?" Octavia changed the subject for his sake. Indra stepped in front of her.
"Not good. We've thought about blowing it up-"
"That'd kill us."
"Or trying to break off the door so it opens down instead of push out."
"Pull instead of push... we can try it but I'm a little concerned about what may be on top of that."
"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Kane sighed and walked away with Indra. Octavia looked at Abby again. Her hair was messy and down without a hair tie. She faced the corner and didn't move a muscle. Octavia went up and knelt beside her.
"Hey, Abby." She smiled. "We're going to try to open the Bunker door again today." She said. Abby didn't respond. "You know, with any luck, you'll see Clarke soon."
"If she's alive." Abby spoke for the first time in over a year. Octavia blinked at her, dazed, before Abby looked her in the eye. "And when have we ever been lucky?" A tear fell out of Abby's eye.
"Bellamy would never let anything bad happen to Clarke. You know that." Octavia tried to comfort her but she turned away and started staring at the wall again with a dead look of indifference.
"Octavia?" Kane walked up. Octavia stood. "We're ready upon your order." He nodded and glanced at Abby. "Did she say anything?"
"Uh... no. Nothing." She lied. "As soon as we see Raven, we'll get her fixed up." She promised. Kane nodded, painfully.
"We should get started-" Kane started saying before being thrown off balance by an explosion. The whole bunker jolted and heard the blast.
"The hell?" Octavia looked around. She stomped over to the stairs. "Who blew it up?!" She demanded. But there was no one up there and the bunker door was still closed. The only way that'd be possible is if someone made a bomb on the out side. "Kane?"
"Yeah?"
"There's someone up there." Octavia smiled, tears of joy rimmed her eyes as she looked back at Indra. "Make sure those doors are locked. Someone's coming for us and we can't have a mob at the door."
"Got it." Indra left.