Heart beats fast

Your POV

Everyone always thought I was mute. But that's not the case, I just have nothing to say. Well, I never had a say. At home, at school, everywhere I went, people spoke for me and told me what to do, and I followed like an obedient dog. I wonder why.

Why is this my life, to follow around orders and never make a decision for myself? Well, I wonder why I never tried to change that...

It was cold outside. Christmas was rapidly approaching and the first half of the school year was not pleasant, but to be honest, it never was. I had on tight jeans and a long black coat with a purple scarf wrapped around my neck. I was about half way to school and I was, of course, running late so I started running along the snowed-over side walk.

Until I suddenly bumped into a man and fell down, that is.

"Well, well, if it isn't the mute," I looked up to see a man with brown hair and red eyes.

I didn't say anything. Just tried to stand up. But I was pushed back down.

I quickly stood up again, but I pushed Zenix to the side and started running for the school.

"Hey, get back here!! You'll pay for that!" I heard him yell as I continued running for the school.

The day went by, and the teachers kept bringing up that in one week there would be a Christmas festival. Hurray, I can't wait.

I walked out of my last class and headed outside. I started waking back home even though I desperately didn't want to go back there.

Someone suddenly come out from behind the tree and grabbed my wrist, throwing me against the hard, stone wall. I looked up to see Zenix, but this time, the rest of his gang was with him.

"This pipsqueak pushed you?" the girl with silver haired asked.

"Yes, Sasha, she did, and she will pay," Zenix said with an evil grin and held up his fist.

I closed my eyes, ready for impact, but when nothing happened, I opened them. A tall man with jet black hair and beautiful, blue, mesmerizing eyes had put his hand over Zenix' fist.

"Now, now, Zenix, let's not be too harsh with the mute. There are plenty of other fun things we could make her do," He said with a smirk. He winked at me which caught me off guard.

"I've been wanting someone to be, like, an errand girl for me, do things that I told them to do." He said while holding my chin, our foreheads almost touching.

"So, what do you say? And trust me, if you say no, I won't be happy," he said, letting go of my chin and turning his back to me. He looked over his shoulder for an answer. I quickly nodded in fear, not knowing what else to do.

"Great, meet me in this same spot tomorrow and we'll get started." He said and walked away, Sasha and Zenix following him.

I stood up, quit shaking, and continued walking back home. The whole way back I thought about the man's shining blue eyes, and for some reason, they just made me feel safe.

I arrived back home and slowly opened the door, trying not to be seen by my father. Ever since he started taking drugs to cope with the pain... he's become very aggressive, it's like I'm not his daughter, but a toy to do what he pleases. He can beat me all he wants and I can't do anything about it.

"(Y/n), come here, I know you're there, and you're late." I heard his angry voice call from the kitchen. I slowly walked into the kitchen, head down.

"Come here," he pointed in front of him. I walked up in front of him and, without a warning, he hit my arm with a plate that was on the counter. I fell to the ground and let out a yell of pain as the glass shattered on my arm.

"Don't ever keep me waiting!!" He yelled, standing up and knocking his chair over. I quickly stood up and ran as fast as I could up to my room and locked the door.

I fell on my bed, tears running down my face, and at some point, I fell asleep.

A/n

Hey guys it's Selena~chan here, I hope you guys are enjoying the book!! Don't worry, there will be much more Gene action in the next chapter! So enjoy mwuahaha!!! Also, just wanted to let you know that I took out the uniforms at Phoenix drop, just 'cause. ;)