And all along I believed, I would find you

Your pov

It had been exactly a week since all 'that' happened.

Me and Gene haven't really talked since. We would pass in the hallway, but nothing really ever happened.

The sleepover at Travis' house was cancelled because of the whole thing. It was actually postponed 'till today.

It was Friday and I was running around my apartment getting things ready for tonight.

Ok so I have...
1. Pillow
2. Pyjamas
3. My stuffed bear
Hmm what else do I need?... FOOD!!

How could I forget the food!?!

I grabbed my keys and purse and ran out to the grocery store.

Time Skip

I happily left the store holding (f/f) in a bag. I crossed the street.

I was happily running over to Travis' when I bumped into someone. I fell on top of them and they grabbed my waist.

I was now laying on top of him.

"S-Sorry!" I exclaimed, starting to look up to see who it was.

I looked up and met those so familiar, light blue eyes.

"Hey (y/n)..."

I rolled off of him and he helped me up.

We didn't have to say anything, we just looked at each other. I stared into his beautiful, sad eyes.

"H-How have you been?"  He asked letting go of my hands.

"O-oh, fine... I'm actually going to Travis' for a Phoenix Divine sleepover!" I tried to sound some-what cheerful.

"That's... that's great, (Y/n)." He scratched the back of his neck.

We stood in awkward silence for awhile until I decided that I needed to leave. "I need to go, Gene. They're expecting me," I said, trying to leave without hurting him.

"Oh right..." he tilted he's head down so I couldn't see those sad eyes.

I didn't know what I could do.

I hugged his arm and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Bye Gene." I let go.

"Bye (y/n)." I looked back to see a broken smile.

But a fake smile is better than no smile at all.

With that we started going in our separate detections.

I took a sneaky look over my shoulder and Gene was starring right back at me.

I quickly looked away and smiled with blush spreading all over my face.

After that I ran over to Travis's house.