Darling, don't be afraid

I stared out the window of the science room. The teacher was going on about safety rules, which I already knew the Shadow Knights were not going to follow. Since I'm at their table, there was no point in listening.

Instead, I thought about the soft kiss Gene gave me, and how it felt so right.

The bell finally rang and we all sprang out of our seats. Except Gene, of course. I looked down to see Gene sleeping, his face flat on the desk. I rolled my eyes and shook him awake.

"Gene, it's the end of the day!" I hissed "Get up!"

He lazily opened his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I'm going," he said slowly, standing up and gathering up his things. "I'll walk you home, so wait for me."

Time Skip brought to you by my laundry machine

He started up a conversation. "Hey, what are you doing after school?"

"Nothing... why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to do something."

"Something?"

"Yeah, you know. Like, go out," he rubbed the back of his neck. I was surprised that he looked so nervous.

"Oh. I, um, would love to do something with you."

"Great, what do you want to do?"

"Hmm..." I looked up in thought. "I heard a new bakery opened up, want to go there?"

"Sure, I'll be over at your house around 5:30."

"Great!" I knew that my face was red from blushing.

We waved goodbye and parted ways where our streets met. 'Did Gene just ask me out? Like... on a date?!?'

My mind was racing. 'I have to figure out what to wear!!'

I raced back home and quietly opened the door. My dad was passed out on the couch, so I quickly ran upstairs to pick an outfit.

Time Skip Nya!!

It took me, like an hour, but I got my outfit and did my hair (choose whatever you want, it doesn't matter too much) and makeup. At the end of it all, I was quite satisfied. Personally, I thought I looked cute, but fierce.

I still had around 2 hours and I was so tired. So I lay down on my bed and rested my eyes. 'Stupid me.' Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

Time Skip yes again!!!!

I awoke to an unpleasant sound of yelling and pounding on my door.

"(Y/n)!! Get out here right now!!!." I heard my father's voice boom through my door.

I jumped out of bed and unlocked the door. As soon as I did he grabbed me by the hair and dragged me downstairs. The pain was unbearable.

"S-Stop! Please!" I begged, but that seemed to only make it worse.

"Shut your mouth!!" We reached the kitchen and he threw me against the stove.